Engine Sound

What is that sound coming out of two wheeler after hault when they r go for long run ,its sounds like tic tic and then it slows down after some times?? it usually occure in some bike?

Replies

• lal
    lal
    That is the catalytic converter. That is what some one said the last time I asked. I have examined my Bike a few times to find the source of that "tic...tic...tic..." sound and I felt like the source is catalytic converter too.

I don't know why or how, but it seems to me that it is the catalytic converter itself.
  • Jigar.Shah
    Jigar.Shah
    If the sound is from inside engine it may be problem of valve and rocker arm assembly..
  • Shashank Moghe
    Shashank Moghe
    I always wondered too, never had enough curiosity to get it clarified. Thank you so much! As Lal said, it seems this sound is due to differential contraction of metals.
  • omprakash patil
    omprakash patil
    thanks for all the replies.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The word 'anthropomorphism' has a meaning that could seem 'creepy' to some. Assigning human characteristics to any not-human thing may sound like a plot from a thriller movie, but a...
So this exists! For real! The first real-life hoverboard built and designed by Catalin Alexandru Duru. And now he has a guinness world record for it: Anyone else here remembers...
Dr. Vijay Nath, assistant professor at BIT Mesra Electrical and Communications Engineering department will receive sponsorship from Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) to research and develop special sensors for missiles....
After already launching 3 different Bolt phones in past 4 months, Micromax has now listed a 4th Micromax Bolt handset on their official website. The occasional release of high-end phones...
U.S. Based telecom company Qualcomm Inc. has announced that it will take on a project in collaboration with U.K. based carmaker Daimler to recharge mobile phones as well electric vehicles...