Emergency Fund - [Finance For Engineers]

"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill

images

We cover ourselves under various insurance policies such as life insurance, health insurance etc. but there may be several instances that may not be covered under insurance policies, such as loosing your job or an emergency trip that may have to be made or some necessary cash outflows that have to be made. So while you are assured that you have done all that is required to keep you insured and maintain a healthy lifestyle, you need to keep in place an emergency fund to meet uninsured emergencies. The amount of this fund can be decided by you according to what you feel would be sufficient in times like these. Although as a thumb rule it should be equal to six months of household expenses. The purpose of this fund is not to earn money and therefore should not be invested in instruments for earning money, but rather should be kept in an account where it is easily accessible if the need arises like a savings bank account. Hence always have an emergency fund.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

HTC has been in quieter zone for considerable time now. But if the recent rumors are to be believed, the company might soon launch another flagship phone. Today, a Russian...
I am a student of BE Computer Science in 4th year. I dont like programming , i am very good at designing and art , and i am also planning...
Honda Motorcycles India has announced that they'll bring the much awaited Honda CBR 650F in India in 2016. The production of the bike is expected to being next year; but...
​ After it was confirmed that Satya Nadella will be the CEO of Microsoft, people worldwide (and CE) have been placing high hopes on him to make the brand Microsoft...
From the past few years, mankind has been plagued with very serious issues, one of them being a continuously declining farm output coupled with a growing urban population. One of...