eleVR Is A Novel Web Player Designed For Virtual Reality

eleVR [el-uh-V-R] is an open source web player designed especially for Oculus Rift. To those unfamiliar with the blueprint of Oculus, the virtual reality headset has a spherical 360 degree view, unlike the traditional rectangular layout that is universally preferred for good ol' 2D video streaming. The project is the brainchild of #-Link-Snipped-#, andreahawksley.com, and #-Link-Snipped-# and is sponsored by SAP. The team believes that video streaming has an equal share as video games in the future of Virtual Reality.

elevr

While spherical video-making has been under development for the past few months, there was no way to view such videos on web using the headset. eleVR was created to take care of just that and fuel sharing of VR experiences among users. Rift users will need a vr.js plugin to access the player unless they want to stick to the keyboard interface, which voids the plugin installation. There's a lot of mathematics and neuroscience in the background and if that interests you, head over to the blog #-Link-Snipped-#.

The player is written in js, HTML5 and webGL and the code can be found on GitHub - hawksley/eleVR-Web-Player: A Web Player for 360 Video on the Oculus. A demo accompanies the launch of the web player and is not recommended unless you have an Oculus Rift or a spherical player to render it. But for the lazy rebels with insatiable curiosity, here is a link to the #-Link-Snipped-#and here's the ele VR - YouTube for eleVR minus all the glory.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Lets use this thread to discuss everything about Python. Coding discussions, latest news and learning new libraries! Here is one good video about Twisted:
​ site: https://avinassh.github.io/polistats source code: https://github.com/avinassh/polistats What it is and How it works: These two following graphs show the number of search results appeared on Google for certain keywords. If...
Is there is any possible to track the mobile phone when it switched off.....?
I got 4240 rank in C_CAT. What i should expect? - PG-DAC - PG-DWIMC - PG-DSSD - PG-DITISS Also which college should i expect? Please tell me the probable colllege...
To address the public outcry over Electromagnetic Field Pollution due to mobile towers, the government is considering to set up a national database which will contain the location of a...