electricity-wifi

can we transfer electricity as we transfer data through wifi?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    swarna rampalli
    can we transfer electricity as we transfer data through wifi?
    Search for 'wireless electricity' in the search box to search for existing discussions on the topic.
  • Kamlesh Vora
    Kamlesh Vora
    I think the common example will be NFC Near Field COmmunication which was first launched by Nokia for wireless charging its phones. They have a small antenna on battery or back cover and and a transmitter pad. But it can work when it is placed on it.
    For long distance, you can research on Tesla theories.
    Thanks!
  • lal
    lal
    Short answer: Yes.

It has been used even ages before wireless communication came in to existence and still is being used. You should review the principle of electromagnetic induction and how transformers work (not the auto transformer).

Reality: Well yeah, energy transfer is not through electromagnetic waves, but magnetism alone. So there is a big difference and with totally different characteristics.
  • vishnuvs
    vishnuvs
    Transformers can be viewed as wireless power transferring devices. But for long distance power transfer it find less opportunity. For long distance power transfer i think the best solution is by transmitting electrical energy in the form of EM waves by converting it to ultra high frequency.
  • lal
    lal
    Visible light is an electromagnetic wave. Electrical energy can already be harnessed from light using Photovoltaic cells. Light cannot be used feasibly for electrical energy transfer with the existing technology, the whole conversion just is very less efficient.

High frequency EM waves, let's say Gamma or X-Ray, yes energy transfer is possible, still with least efficiency. But then there is yet another disadvantage, wouldn't it be a threat to living organisms! These waves destroy living tissues.
  • Regan
    Regan
    Hi CEans, I am new to the forum... I am happy to be a part of it...

I have a doubt whether if we use wifi postpaid plan.. Can we get the details of the website we use with the monthly bill
    N can they hack our device....I need to clarify this.. N hope you guys will clear my doubt... I wanted to know the security screening of wifi... Thanks
  • Kamlesh Vora
    Kamlesh Vora
    Regan
    Hi CEans, I am new to the forum... I am happy to be a part of it...

I have a doubt whether if we use wifi postpaid plan.. Can we get the details of the website we use with the monthly bill
    N can they hack our device....I need to clarify this.. N hope you guys will clear my doubt... I wanted to know the security screening of wifi... Thanks
    Yes your ISP provider can know what are the websites are you watching. But not sure if they can share that same information in Billing cycle.
    I used Reliance Dongle but they never gave list of websites visited with bill.
  • Regan
    Regan
    Than
    Kamlesh Vora
    Yes your ISP provider can know what are the websites are you watching. But not sure if they can share that same information in Billing cycle.
    I used Reliance Dongle but they never gave list of websites visited with bill.
    Thanks a lot for clearing my doubt 👍
  • Janaa karti
    Janaa karti
    s bro. i too tried this .but we have to design out antenna to transmit the power what we need for our load..

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Happy Independence Day! Hi how to generate and share post link for facebook, twitter or any other ways to share. Suppose if I want to share my written post on...
which one do i learn fast ? besides b4 learning these what r the basic programming language i should learn. And to learn it which are the good books or...
Warm wishes to all for 69th year of freedom of our Mother Land "India" Jai Hind!
"Hello friends!, I am writing this because recently few members of my family and friends had faced some problems with their Facebook account. They found that someone is uploading unwanted...
If an exclusive report from Reuters is to be believed, Kaspersky Lab, the international software security group headquartered in Russia was involved in a secret campaign to harm its competitors’...