Electricity power theft

Hi guys, I am searching for a way to mitigate electricity power theft. I work with an electricity distribution firm. Do you have any ideas?

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    If the theft is from overhead lines between poles having (inductive) current sensors on each line on each pole and monitoring the differential between adjacent sensors will give an indication of theft. There will be no differential if there is no in between tapping.

A bit crude. I am sure that there are better EEs here who can come up with a better option.
  • Lewis Obokparo Iduh
    Lewis Obokparo Iduh
    thanks a lot Mr Ramani.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Quote: I like reading billion-person books. Books, that if read widely, would change a billion lives. I like reading books where I feel my brain have an IQ orgasm. Like,...
Quote: While collecting this short list of engineering disasters, I decided that to qualify as a disaster, an event had to involve loss of life, and the larger the loss...
Can anyone explain difference between graduate apprentice training and graduate engineering trainee?
The All India Council of Technical Education is said to be considering the cutting down of over 6 lakh engineering seats in colleges over the next few years. The reason...
can someone give a brief notes on types of Fins (extended surfaces)