Electric Powertrains Light Up Paris Motor Show

We assume that electric vehicles have zero carbon foot print. Do they really? My concern is that there is a major trend in battery driven cars, both high end and low end not to mention two wheelers.
There are two issues. The battery manufacturing has its own carbon foot print. There is also the issue of spent battery waste. The efficiency of one complete charge-discharge cycle has its own implications. Finally electric vehicles just transfer the carbon foot print to the generating station unless the power is hydro-electric or nuclear. With the water shortage assuming global significance and nuclear energy on the back foot we may end up with energy from thermal stations.
Anyway the way ahead for transportation seems to be electric.

#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

(Sent by friend Shivakumar) Looks as though India may get AI1 for its chief executive's journeys. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/27178479/PM'sPlane.mp4
Buying your dream car is one thing and then keeping up to the dozen formalities it brings along with it is another. The good folks at SKODA know what a...
Blaupunkt, the German car accessories maker, famous for its car audio system has rolled up sleeves to make smartphones and wearable devices for Indian markets. The company will test their...
Hi I have done Masters (CS) and currently working in a small software company I have 2 years experience on angularjs, but the thing is iam not gud in logic....
Hi I want to know that is there any device available having a common server or hub for a store of mp3 songs and a player having many parallel controls...