Electric Motorcycle That Also Generates Electric Power

I am Narendra.I am persuing Engineering.Now i'm in final year,in this we need to do a project. My interest is to design a electric bike.Electric bike is common but my strategy is to design the bike to produce electricity.That means while the bike is running electricity is produced and it will be reused for its running...................
Any one wants to discuss with me on this reply me
and also contact me at

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    1. If you are trying to make an perpetual motion machine, I wish you all the best!

2. You could make a regular electric motorcycle and then add a dynamo system to generate some electricity.

PS: I'm updating the title of this discussion.
  • NARENDRA307
    NARENDRA307
    Up to my knowledge i would like to made a new rear wheel system with it self as a dynamo.
    In brief rear wheel works as a dynamo it self
  • Shashank Moghe
    Shashank Moghe
    Wouldn't the dynamo produce more power if the rotor had a small diameter (greater rpm)? Why keep the wheel (which has a big diameter) as a dynamo when you can have dynamos with rotors of very small diameters (in comparison to the rear wheel)?
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Kaustubh Katdare
    1. If you are trying to make an perpetual motion machine, I wish you all the best!
    He is. Not on.
    The project would be a royal waste of time and effort if electricity production for running the machine is the intent.
    #-Link-Snipped-#, you must realize that you are attempting to make a PPM of the second kind, which violates the second law of thermodynamics. It is analogous to generate electricity from a hydel generator below a dam, running a pump with the electricity to pump the water back into the dam and use the electricity for other things as well.

Sorry friend, no free lunch in physics.
  • Shashank Moghe
    Shashank Moghe
    Well I don't think it is his idea to make a PMM, he is a final year Engg student, he knows better (fingers crossed). What he is talking about is energy recovery, like the KERS technology used in cars. But he has to appreciate that since this is an electric bike, the additional resistance provided by the contact of the dynamo rotor on the bike tyre will demand more from the main driving battery for the same speed and load, and as such whatever he plans to generate from the dynamo will have its upper limit set at that additional toll on the main driving battery (assuming the dynamo efficiency is 100%, which we know is not the case, hence, a loss is inevitable).

What will make more sense, is a system like KERS, which uses the Kinetic Energy of the vehicle when braking and converts that to electric charge.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Shashank Moghe
    What he is talking about is energy recovery
    I do not think so. He does say that it will produce electricity while running, which will be reused for running. Regenerative braking is a known technology to save power otherwise wasted as heat in brake lining.
  • Shashank Moghe
    Shashank Moghe
    Well I think he is not wrong in saying that electricity will be produced using his dynamo (if separately installed), he is right there, it will indeed be produced. He can use it to run the bike as well. What he is probably yet to appreciate, is that the total energy (spent to run the bike with the dynamo installed - dynamo recovered) will still be more than what would be spent if the dynamo wasn't installed at all.

"
    Up to my knowledge i would like to made a new rear wheel system with it self as a dynamo.
    In brief rear wheel works as a dynamo it self"

This might be a hint that he wants to stay away from a separately installed dynamo (knowing the no-win argument), and use the frictional losses in the rear wheel system to generate electricity.

I am really, really hoping he is not out to make a PMM2.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Shashank Moghe
    he is right there, it will indeed be produced
    Let us remove the battery. For argument's sake let us even say that the bike is got to move at some specified speed. Let the dynamo cut in. It produces power but immediately applies a torque that slows the bike. The output decreases steadily as the bike comes to a stop.
    Some dynamo hubs are available.
    28 inch wheel with Shimano dynamo hub (ETRTO 622)
  • Koushal Patel
    Koushal Patel
    A.V.Ramani
    The output decreases steadily as the bike comes to a stop.
    For this, I guess, We need some second source of energy to let the vehicle run! I am not sure.
  • Shashank Moghe
    Shashank Moghe
    A.V.Ramani
    Let us remove the battery. For argument's sake let us even say that the bike is got to move at some specified speed. Let the dynamo cut in. It produces power but immediately applies a torque that slows the bike. The output decreases steadily as the bike comes to a stop.
    Some dynamo hubs are available.
    28 inch wheel with Shimano dynamo hub (ETRTO 622)

Well, I am of the same opinion as I explained in the rest of my earlier post, the torque that converts to the wheel rpm would be reduced because of the dynamo. That is not what I was discussing. I am saying the boy wanted to say he has devised a mechanism which recovers energy from the friction due to transmission, but unnecessarily used the word dynamo, which gives us the impression that he intends to build a PMM2.
  • NARENDRA307
    NARENDRA307
    Your absolutely right we need a secondary source.We know that electircity is not produced 100% as which is used to run it . To overcome this a secondary source is required.Here I want to use solar energy as a secondary one which is fixed on the stefiny
  • Gurwinder Singh
    Gurwinder Singh
    Produce electricity from a electric bike is so difficult. You can use solar power to do the same even if it is on the way.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    It appears that each one of us is discussing a different issue. Let the OP set up a design brief giving various assumptions that he is using. The first post said,'but my strategy is to design the bike to produce electricity.' It continues: ' while the bike is running electricity is produced and it will be reused for its running.................... ' An electric bike that produces electricity, which is used to run it is a PMM.
    Be that as it may, I am passing on this for the present till a greater clarity is brought to the project.
  • NARENDRA307
    NARENDRA307
    If you don't mind please give me brief explanation about pmm because I don't know what is a pmm.
  • Koushal Patel
    Koushal Patel
    NARENDRA307
    If you don't mind please give me brief explanation about pmm because I don't know what is a pmm.
    Perpetual Motion

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Quote: The QardioArm is an Indiegogo-funded, iOS and Android-compatible, oscillometric smart blood pressure monitor that premiered at CES 2014 and became available for purchase over the summer. Endquote https://www.medgadget.com/2014/12/qa...mail&utm_campaign=Feed:+Medgadget+(Medgadget)
The fever of budget smartphones is spreading widely across the world. Joining the league is Chinese smartphone manufacturer Meizu by coming with a new line up of smartphones with Meizu...
A research team consisting of scientists and engineers from Northwestern University has developed a novel non-invasive diagnostic that can detect the Alzheimer’s disease in a living animal at an early...
Could you guide me which institute should i opt for correspondence M.S in India and what is the scope of it? Presently working as a software engineer in a MNC...
If you want to keep track of your heart rate but don’t want to use those wearable gadgets, then SMS’s Bio-sport earbuds are just the right thing for you. SMS...