Efficiency of the Transformer

what is the efficiency of the load transformer when it is at no load??

what is when it is connected at full load ?

Replies

• ahmed sarfraz
    ahmed sarfraz
    I believe the efficiency of a load transformer is maximum at full load conditions.
  • vamsi kancharla
    vamsi kancharla
    Ajay goswami
    what is the efficiency of the load transformer when it is at no load??

what is when it is connected at full load ?
    the no load efficiency and p.f of t/f will be low under no load conditions
    efficiency -10-25% under no load
    95-97% under over load and full load conditions due to losses in the machine
    p.f-lagging due winding losses that is beacuse of more winding inductance and low resistance

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

A person having B.Tech. in chemical engineering can apply for IES? & if 'yes' then what study i will have to do other than my branch & which branch is...
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has announced a new initiative "StartupIndia" that's likely to get the attention of entrepreneurs in India. No wonder more engineers getting into startup world - both...
BlackBerry Inc. is proud to introduce its latest luxury smartphone in India called 'Blackberry Porsche Design P’9983 Graphite' priced at Rs. 99,990. Banking on its strong suit i.e. productivity and...
The Indian comedy group AIB is more serious than ever. Earlier this year, the four team members of AIB posted a video informing its viewers about NetNeutrality and what the...
Say hello to the Red Button Public Robotic Spectrum aka RBPRS - India's first ever high-tech system to keep the crime in check. The police at Aluva, a town in...