Effect of frequency on motor

we know induction motor draws more current when powerfactor is less.. & vice versa. can u show how current ,power factor, frequency all are related through graph or by example?

again if we increase or decrease the frequency what happens to the power & current ..

Replies

• vamsi kancharla
    vamsi kancharla
    w=v*i*cosA
    W=POWER,V=voltage,I=current,cosA=angle
    subsitute the values by keeping voltage and power constant so that you can undestand
  • pinank
    pinank
    We know IM has its own internal leakage reactance. Reactance is dependant on frequency. Xl=2*pi*f*L. So now can you find out how the current and power will vary as frequency is varied? Simple Xl will vary and as f increases Xl increases and I decreases. And P will definitely decrease.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I am going to join CDAC at the end of this month and as i have never been to pune , i ask CEans to suggest me how and where...
The idea for developing CrazyEngineers Project Showcase was conceived several months (in 2011, to be precise). We came across several student and hobby projects created by engineers just like you...
I would like to share some of my thoughts on the meaning of secularism. India is a country with an incredible amount of beliefs, languages, religions, castes, communities etc etc...
If you can't live without delicious Dosa, you better start saving for the DosaMatic. The automatic Dosa making machine that can do about 1 delicious Dosa per minute. The venture...
I've been into blogging for quite sometime, and if it isn't anything technical, the subject/story gets more difficult to create (specially if you are doing it on your own) and...