Ecocapsule: Tiny Portable Houses Powered By Wind And Solar Energy

The weekend is here, which means most of you would like to escape the heat in city and live in the arms of Mother Nature. If camping or nature resorts aren’t your likeable choices, a Slovakian architect firm is pitching the idea of a tiny home away from home that produces its own energy. The Ecocapsule, from Slovakian firm Nice Architects is an egg-shaped structure that contains all the necessities you need from a home. The Eco capsule measures 4.5 meters (14.6 feet) in length, 2.4 meters (7.9 feet) in width, and 2.5 meters (8.2 feet) in height. On the Ecocapsule you get 86 square feet of usable floor space which does not sound promising but wait till you hear out what else you get in this tiny house.

Ecocapsule (5)
Ecocapsule (3) Ecocapsule (2) Ecocapsule (1)

On every Ecocapsule you get a folding bed, a small kitchen, a dining area, a shower and flushable toilet and additional compartments for storage. The makers of Ecocapsule say that each unit can fit two people easily. The Pièce De Résistance of the Ecocapsule is however not the clever use of space but its ability to capture wind and solar energy. Roof of an Ecocapsule consists of a 2.6-square-meter array of high-efficiency solar cells that are claimed to produce 600W of electricity under optimal conditions. At the front, we find a retractable wind turbine that can produce 750 watts. All this energy is stored in a 9744Wh battery on the Ecocapsule. The Slovakians have sculpted the Ecocapsule in such a way that it collects rainwater and stores them in a container below the house. So what exactly is the purpose behind building this tiny house? The firm says that the Ecocapsule is suitable for a wide range of applications, from an independent research station or a tourist lodge to an emergency housing or a humanitarian-action unit.

Time to deliver the bad news, the images you are seeing above are an artist’s rendering of the product because the team has only constructed and tested a prototype. While the Nice Architects firm remains tight-lipped about its price, it has announced the shipping rates that range from 1500 to 2700 Euros. If shipping them in a container is this expensive you can just speculate the price of the real thing. The first public display of the Ecocapsule will be during Pioneers festival in Vienna (28-29th May 2015 and the company will start accepting orders from the last quarter of 2015. Finished products will arrive in hands of customers in the first half of 2016.

Source: ECOCAPSULE | Your new self-sustainable microhome Via #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hello! i am a 4th year electronics and instrumentation student. i m interested to do a course in PLC/SCADA. could you pls suggest me the names of good institutes that...
ETI Dynamics has launched a new solar electric hybrid scooter in India. The scooter, priced at Rs. 50,000 is a sure-shot head turner with a canopy of bendable solar panels...
The popularity of fitness band seems to be growing all over the world. I was wondering if the fitness bands are actually useful and want to know about first hand...
Android factory reset option promises to wipe out all your personal data and information from your gadget. It's a common and suggested practice to factory reset your phone or tablet...
I really think that food delivery is just a 'logistics' problem that has already been solved. Yet, I continue to see new startups coming up in this space every new...