dynamic form-field generation using javascript

hi guys.
i require some assistance of yours again.
what i want is this:
there is a form (say on page xyz.php) in which i have , say, 5 text-fields.
but i also hav a button. upon clicking whihc, i want another text-field to appear.
i do now want to use hidden fields as that would limit the number of EXTRA fields to a predefined value.
besides, i also hav to access the data [in each of the 5 fields as well as ALL the extra fields] on the "action page" of xyz.php (say abc.php)
javascript code shud do it but i m not able to figure it out....
could somebody pls help me wid -
1. dynamic text-box generation
2. accessing these fields on abc.php for insertion into MySQL database.
thx a lot...

Replies

• bayazidahmed
    bayazidahmed
    let us suppose this is ur button in the BODY

and create an extra empty DIV in the place where you want the textbox.

Now write the btnTesting_Click() in the HEAD

Example

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hey guys. i hav this page (a.php), where i ask te user for his username and password. I match these with static values, and upon succesful matching, i redirect the...
hi guys. i hav this drop down menu, which i need to populate with data from one column of a particular table of MySQL dbase. i hav read a lot...
hii...one and all i m mech engg final yr. student, would u plss help me out in suggesting some topic on project in mechanical as soon as possible....
hey any one has a idea about cars running on compressed air...? if u do please let me know that would air give enough power to over come the piston...
well..hey everybody m a new user in here m pursuin my bachelors in E&Tc...and m very much beliv in practical approach rather than jus bein a buk worm...so to start...