Dropbox Platform, The Datastore API, Drop-Ins (Chooser & Saver) Announced

Dropbox, the service millions of people around the world use to keep their files in the cloud, has organised their first-ever developer conference called DBX. Dropbox CEO, Drew Houston has just announced the Dropbox Platform, The Datastore API and Drop-Ins. The Dropbox Platform is a collection of tools that will allow apps to access data securely across variety of devices and operating systems. The Dropbox engineering team had started with the Sync API, which allowed developers to sync files between dropbox servers and user's machines.

dropbox-platform

The Datastore API aims to offer a better user experience by letting the developers sync data across devices and operating systems. Until now, Dropbox allowed users to backup files and folders on the cloud. The Datastore API will allow the developers to offer services like syncing of information that isn't in the form of a file or a folder. For example, settings, contact-books, to-do lists or doodles etc. can now be backed up on the Dropbox servers through the Datastore API. Once the data is backed up on DB's servers, it will be made available across variety of devices and operating systems. For example, if you're playing Angry Birds on your Android tablet, you will be able to save the game information and then continue playing the same level on your iPad seamlessly.

The Dropbox Drop-ins will allow the coders to access thousands of dropboxes with just a few lines of code. The Chooser will allow people to access their files and data from web and apps; while the saver will quickly save the files on DB's cloud.

Via: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Dropbox - a data saver with high reliability.

Is it safe to rely on cloud storage?
    What are the recent researches in security terms?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I think we need a separate discussion for that topic!
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    CSK AUTO
    Dropbox - a data saver with high reliability.

Is it safe to rely on cloud storage?
    What are the recent researches in security terms?

Yeah! it's a new technology and it's awesome, Cloud computing is gaining popularity all over.

Recently I attended a workshop on Cloud Computing and came to know how the data is stored, and managed.
  • Keerthivasan Ravisankar
    Keerthivasan Ravisankar
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Dropbox, ......................................................The Chooser will allow people to access their files and data from web and apps; while the saver will quickly save the files on DB's cloud.
    Via: #-Link-Snipped-#

Yahoo....😁 no virus can attack the data saved in my account.😉
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Has anyone tried the Dropbox client on Linux?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Quote: Boeing is preparing a 1000 passenger jet that could reshape the Air travel industry for the next 100 years.The radical Blended Wing design has been developed by Boeing in...
Step Aside Google Glass? Fraunhofer’s Data Glasses Said to Truly Augment Reality The bidirectional OLED screens of the Fraunhofer's Data Glasses permit viewing the real world and the virtual world...
For those telecom / networking enthusiasts, Patexia has recently launched several contests in this area and offers $5000 to best answers. More details here: https://bit.ly/151e2m3
Tata Communications, the Indian global telecom company based in Mumbai, has launched a new on-demand video conferencing service called Jamvee. Tata's Jamvee is a a multi-device platform which does not...
In first and foremost unit of Electromagnetics Engineering, I read about different co-ordinate systems : - Cartesian (Rectangular) - Cylindrical - Spherical I know the advantage of Cylindrical co-ordinate system...