DRDO AGNI IV, The Nuclear Missile, Successfully Tested

India's Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) has successfully tested Agni IV - the latest nuclear capable ballistic missile off the coast of Odisha. The missile, capable of 4000 Km range, can carry nuclear payload was tracked using an array of radars and electro-optical tracking systems (EOTS) throughout the range of the missile along the coast. Team of engineers that tracked the missile's path and recorded all the parameters have confirmed that the test was successful. It was the fourth successful trial of the missile.

The DRDO official press release informs that Agni 4 is a highly advanced missile equipped with 5th generation On Board computer and distributed architecture. The missile, with its sophisticated electronics can guide itself and take care of the in-flight disturbances in real time. Ring Laser Gyro based Inertial Navigation System (RINS) along with Micro Navigation System (MINGS) ensure very high accuracy for the path of the missile.

AGNI-II-India

The missile is also equipped with a special re-entry heat shield that protects the missile at temperatures as high as 4000 degree centigrade. The heat shield ensures that the internal temperature of the vital components is kept under 50 degree centigrade. India's mighty defence, with Agni 1 (700 km), 2 (2000 km), 3 (3000 km) and the latest 4 (4000 km), proves to be a very effective one.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-# (PDF)

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

It was much better back before 2000 when we used to study India with fewer states. Now, just for my reference, and also for everyone else who's finding it hard...
Clip Art, which survived for around a decade will now no longer be a part of Office. Yes, you heard it right. Microsoft has finally pulled off the iconic Clip...
So I see that a lot of people are concerned about what kind of mark they are leaving behind. Be it in their own homes (what the spouse/kids/parents think), offices...
Just realized that my thread Creative Crazy ideas For Final Year Projects has reached 500 posts. The thread is active for over three years. Hope to see the thread cross...
why do we have two implementations in java for converting the integer value into string,what is the logic behind?