Doubt in Huffman algorithm

Is it necessary to have a binary Huffman tree such that the left child of the node has to have a lower frequency of occurrence compared to its right child?
Basically I am trying to encode the symbols and present them in binary tree notation based on its frequency of occurrence.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Whenever I try to compile a C++ program, the compiler reports an error that iostream.h is not found. What is the reason behind this? C:\Users\JagMag\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\CodeBlocks\C++.cpp|1|error: iostream.h: No such file...
Name:Harish.V Engineering Trade:B.E.EEE Location😛resently Rajasthan proper Tamilnadu 😀 Occupation: Electrical Maintenance Engineer Work Experience: Heading to fifth year Hobbies & Interests: Literature works(poem,short story writing in Tamil),Recently started writing in...
Hi Feels great to express our opinions and clear doubts. Am currently working as MIS Analyst for more than a year in a BPO industry. However am looking to change...
hlo sir.. am coe student..my interst in java.. plzz sugesst me to innovative idea for my project..plz help me sir..
...and the award for the world's most efficient motorcycle goes to - Hero Splendour iSmart. The latest bike from Hero Motocorp, Splendour iSmart's fuel efficiency was certified by the government's...