Double click error in Win XP folder

When i doble click any folder / Mapped drive in wix an open with menu pops up and ask to browse for the location to open it . but i can open those if i right click start menu and click explore to explore the files and folders .
Please help to solve this .

Replies

• Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    I believe you have some kinda virus. This happens ALOT with pen drives, when you get rid of autorun.inf file generated by a virus or worm. Pretty darn annoying. Better do a scan!
  • MaRo
    MaRo
    Do you have an icon like windows update icon flashing in the tray bar?
  • mahul
    mahul
    ash is damn correct...u cd also try restoring ur system back 2 some date when u did not hv the prob...this might help
  • vishalhak
    vishalhak
    yes, its because of a virus, you can solve this problem editing the "autorun.inf" file present inside your map drive, but make sure you do this in dos mode at boot time.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I am bit confused regarding the placement of the thread... Biggie, move the thread to the appropriate place if u feel so...๐Ÿ˜€ The thread would comprise of a General knowledge...
Hi Friends I want to develo SSL for FreeRTOS and seeking simulator for processor for this RTOS, So if any one have idea plz share with me
i'm electrical eng. in final year i need ideas for my graduation project so if anyone can help plzzzzzzzzz do ๐Ÿ˜
CEans! Good news for all of you! ๐Ÿ˜€ Mr. Yashwant Kanetkar, renowned author of 'Let us C', has agreed for a small talk with CE ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜! This time, we want...
hii friends......... im shahul from trivandrum... im new to this community and im in need of ur help.. im studying final year b.tech automobile engg and im doin a hybrid...