"Don’t sell the product – sell the story!" - Kevin Harrington, Agree??

Do you agree with this statement?

"Don’t sell the product – sell the story!" - Kevin Harrington

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Sell the 'dreams' is more appropriate. The dreams are then packaged into a story and sold to the customers.

Example: If you use our product and become fair skinned, you will get a job of your dreams.

If you use our shampoo, your hair will be nice and smooth - and it will make you more attractive.

..and so on.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    A few days back CNN-IBN was running a story on Godrej 'ChotuKool', a solid stae device cooler supposedly a disruptive technology, which in my opinion it is not as the Peltier effect technology is long in use for electronic cabinet cooling. We ourselves tried to make a cooler to transport blood collected at camps to the central facility. Poor performance made us go back to the regular method.

My wife got sold on the story and bought it online. Though it was promised at delivery none came to install or give demo. It was dripping water all over the contents till I engineered a drain /collection system.

I am very resistant to F&L, Axe, kill germs (except the lone survivor to be shown mandatorily) soaps stories. If anything I am put off by them.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Studying abroad has now become more simpler with number of grants and scholarship increasing with time. With increase in competition in the international market of education, many Universities and national...
whenever I login to CE website, I see members online. guest online, and also robots online. so I just want to know about these robots.
Temperature measurements in our daily life are typically performed by bringing a thermometer in contact with the object to be measured. However, measuring the temperature of nanoscale objects is a...
A revolutionary device called the "Paperfold" - a shape changing, foldable smartphone is being developed at Human Media Lab at Queen's University. Featuring 3 electrophoretic displays that can be folded...
(Sent by Shivakumaran) The Green Thing Checkingout at the store, the young cashier suggested to the older woman that sheshould bring her own grocery bags because plastic bags weren't good...