Does Google Chrome drain your lap top battery?

Quote:
There is a bug in Google’s Chrome browser that steals system clock cycles on Windows machines that could drain a laptop’s battery as much as 25 percent faster than any other browser.

The bug was first reported back in 2010 but apparently Google has had better things to do than saving energy or worrying about draining people’s batteries. Ian Morris, a contributor to Forbes noticed the problem years ago and Google's Chrome Web Browser Is Killing Your Laptop Battery revisited the issue (causing a bit of a storm that might have actually kicked Google into actually working on the problem).
Endquote

#-Link-Snipped-#

Any CEan thoughts on this?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Yes, it does; at least on my Macbook. I've switched over to Safari and it keeps the battery at its best.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Google and IEEE have announced an innovative challenge for all the electrical engineers, innovators and the DOers- to design a kW-scale inverter with the highest power density > 50 Watt...
I am mechanical engg. doing work in the field of heat exchanger and storage tank design .
What do you get if you downgrade the specs of Nokia Lumia 630 and target it for the budget audience? You get the new Nokia Lumia 530. The first offering...
For years the crime investigation departments across the world and the police have been using the sniffer dogs to detect bombs/explosives and what-not. The sniffer dogs' training is an expensive...
ASUS and Quantenna Communications had demonstrated their world's first Wave 2 802.11ac router at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) 2014. Quantenna Communications had said that ASUS RT-AC87 would be the...