Do you want #hastags (like Twitter) on CrazyEngineers

Now that we have announced trending tags and subscription facility for tags/topics on CrazyEngineers, I was wondering if all of you would like to have the [HASHTAG]#tags[/HASHTAG] facility. It works just the same way as twitter, allowing you to add tags.

• We have an option to display # sign in front of the tagged topic. For example: [HASHTAG]#Android[/HASHTAG] - and create a link to all the topics tagged with android.
  • We may remove the # sign from the tagged topic and also de-link it; but add the tag at the bottom of the discussion.
Do let us know your opinion through the poll and comments.

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I am up for adding tags without the "#" sign and the tags should appear at the bottom of the discussions.

Having too many # signs in the paragraph makes it difficult to read for normal readers. I find twitter repulsive for the same reason. Especially when people use tags such as (# thisdaycouldntgetbetter)
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Well, 'too many' will need to be avoided. We can plan on rolling out the feature only to seasoned CEans; who know what's spamming and what's not 😉

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Today is Earthday. To me every day is earthday. However, symbollically potted a kalanchoe that profusely flowers scarlet florets in winter. Poor thing is confused by al the climate change...
I'm senior software engineer in L&T Infotech. I love open source technologies that's the reason I work in Drupal development. I have 4+ yrs of experience in this domain. I...
Sony India has officially launched its latest Android 4.3 (Jelly Bean) running smartphone - the Sony Xperia M2 Dual in India at a price of Rs. 21,990. Powered by a...
Drupal has emerged as one of the leading content management systems in the Internet domain. Winning several awards for the flexibility and usability; Drupal has attracted several developers to extend...
Quote: Toronto writer Edward Keenan is tired of hearing politicians promise that they are going to end gridlock, whether by building more highways, subways, light rail or magic monorail. But...