Do you feel pressurized to be successful in the eyes of society?

Just a thought crossed my mind this morning while having a bath. Do you really feel that there's a pressure on you to be successful in the eyes of society? It could be a pressure created by your own expectations or by your family or near and dear ones. But have you done something or felt the need to do something just to get appreciated by people around you - neighbours, friends, relatives etc.?

Looking forward to candid answers.

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Kaustubh Katdare
    have you done something or felt the need to do something just to get appreciated by people around you - neighbours, friends, relatives etc.?
    On the contrary.
    My mamaji created a record in BA(Hons) Mathematics of the Madras University on the day I was born, which had never been broken. There was a vague expectation that I should follow suit. Seventeen years later I did start on that course in Madras (curiously with one of the professors who was an examiner for my mamaji). Switched to engineering, which I love, mainly in an unmentioned protest against any (even implied) compulsion.
    I believe that each should go to hell(?!) in his/her own way but take full responsibility for it without passing the buck to the parents/teachers/society.
  • vishnu tej
    vishnu tej
    Yup ! Firstly I am very delightful to discuss on this topic. According to me, at initial stage I feel everyone has pressure to be successful in the eyes of society. But finally its only matters about our own point of view. Doing things (regarding career or anything) for appreciation of others or society, without our interest is like having cancer cells that are killing us inside, but smiling towards others. The one thing which I believe is "If we are not happy inside (within ourselves), we can't experience the beauty in outside (the surroundings)". If there is a wound inside, we can't find happiness at any corner of the world.Believe me, if we fix ourselves, then we can enjoy like anything. If we are joyful, then only we can spread joy to others. If we are sad, the same reflects in some or other way that makes the others annoyable. So, choice is ours !!!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

A team of engineers from University of South Wales, Australia has become successful in writing and manipulating a quantum computer code on a silicon microchip using two quantum bits with...
Google App is now capable of handling all your difficult questions, informs Google's product manager Satyajeet Salgar through an official blog post. The 'keywords' based Google search engine is now...
How will an MBA in Technology and Operations Management benefit a Civil Engineer/Technologist?
A year ago Micromax gave us the first Canvas Xpress Android smartphone and now it has launched the third iteration that is not only cheaper but also better than its...
Quote: Despite years of industry hand-wringing, dozens of targeted initiatives, pressure from government and dire warnings from all and sundry on the consequences of failing to deal with it –...