Do Something 'Different’ With Amazon’s Fire Phone

Apple’s iPhone and Samsung phones are ruling a major share in the smart-phone market, but they don’t offer something ‘different’. That’s what Amazon’s CEO Jeff Bezos must be thinking, when he introduced a new phone branded as “Fire Phone” which offers a variety of different features. The so called 'different' features include - Firefly (the most significant one) along with dynamic perspective and a few others.

Firefly, an important feature of Fire Phone, indeed offers something really different, as it enables people to click photo of any object which is processed via audio and object recognition technology to identify and extract full information about the object, including name, price, website and other relevant details. Other than that, the phone offers users with a buying option from the Amazon store. It is also capable of extracting information from Wikipedia such as information for a painting you snapped at an exhibition. It’s not only capable of getting snaps of objects but let you extract bar codes, phone numbers and more. Here is a picture of Amazon's CEO Jeff Bezos as he introduced the new Fire Phone on June 18, 2014 in Seattle.

Bezos_introduce_Fire_Phone

The phone is also said to offer “dynamic perspective” that uses four infrared cameras to detect how user is actually holding the phone by monitoring his face and eye. This feature then adjusts the UI of the ‘tilted’ screen so that user can enjoy the best experience. Relative to the user face, the tilting of the screen can make playing games easier. For instance, you can make a character fly up or down, render 3D objects and arts, toggle through screen, scroll websites better and much more.

Apart from all that, the phone breaks new ground in various areas like offering a sturdy touch-screen, minimalistic buttons and provide high quality industrial standard product. This entry level phone is priced at US $199, offers 32 GB of memory along with one year free-subscription to Amazon Prime, the free shipping plan that can be used for books, music and video subscription, costing US $99 per year. The phone offers a descent looking 4.7 inch screen along with ear-buds having magnets and flat cords to avoid tangling.

Amazon is not only offering 1 year of free membership to new users, but to existing users as well. The subscription usually costs US $99 for one year. Not only this, but they are also offering free access to some music, TV shows, movies and books to encourage their customers to buy more content.

What are your views about the exciting features Fire Phone offers? Will you prefer this phone over iPhone or other Samsung phones, please let us know your views through comments section below.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Ankit Litoriya
    Ankit Litoriya
    Amazing features wthout any doubt , bt I don found it much friendly for social purpose .. we cant rate a phon for jus only one special feature dude..!!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi everyone. I'm looking to do MS in aerospace engineering. I have a B.Tech degree in Mechanical Engineering. Im looking at the following colleges. Embry Riddle Utorronto Carlton ISAE Wichita...
With the PC market showing a downward trend and the limited space in the tablet and smartphone market, tech giant Intel has turned attention to making customisable chips for data...
BSNL (Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited), an Indian state-owned telecommunications company and NEDO (The New Energy and Industrial Technology Development Organization), Japan’s semi governmental organization had their discussions yesterday regarding the...
Just a few hours from now, the construction of world's largest telescope, The European Extremely Large Telescope will begin. The first step in the process is to break the ground...
Hi all, i am out here to find a solution, am a engg student of 2014 batch i did my final year project on topic based on mapreduce paradigm and...