Do ‘Confession Pages On Facebook’ really help finding you Best College?

Can Any1 tell ???

Replies

• Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    This is cool. I think you're referring to the kind of scenario from the famous Hollywood movie named '21', where the interviewer (the principal of the university) asks the candidate to impress him with a life-story that can dazzle.

This kind of scenario could really give an impression depending upon how you've crafted your page. If you're a blogger looking for the humor in everything that happens in your life, there are better chances of people noticing your blog, or appreciating you for your intriguing creativity/ approach towards your surroundings.

A Facebook confession page would be a similar story, but it should not be just plain musings of an uneasy soul, it should show class.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Are you saying we should judge a college by its student-made Facebook confession page? 😨
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Ankita Katdare
    Are you saying we should judge a college by its student-made Facebook confession page? 😨
    No, it could act if rightly used as an instrument to dazzle. Often people leave their resume so boring with facts that some interviewers abroad ask questions which would sound like: 'Tell me something about yourself that you've not written in your resume.' Such questions can be answered if you have a good story that can dazzle. The page/blog could act as proof that you didn't just make up this story. Some universities even ask for a report that can dazzle. So this helps.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# I think he is asking about 'finding' a good college instead of promoting some college he has been a part of.
    I may be wrong.
    #-Link-Snipped-# Could you shed some more light on the question?
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# I think he is asking about 'finding' a good college instead of promoting some college he has been a part of.
    I may be wrong.
    #-Link-Snipped-# Could you shed some more light on the question?
    Heard of the guy who started a website because he wanted to get into Google?

Yes, and I think he is talking about more of 'getting into' a good college.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Anoop Mathew
    Heard of the guy who started a website because he wanted to get into Google?
    Yep Totally. 😁 Matthew Epstein. He was one crazy dude, who should probably be a CE Community member.
  • avii
    avii
    I smell a million dollar idea here.

1. Scrape all the confessions from social network sites
    2. Aggregate them into one site and categorise college wise
    3. Work on a super awesome machine learning combined NLP algorithm and figure out what confessions say about college.
    4. Build ratings
    5. ???
    6. Profit.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Price-Hunt was founded by Anupam Khurana, who is a 1995 batch Delhi University pass out with a B.E. degree in Mechanical Engineering, with the motto of "helping the user decide”...
A movie on the cryptanalyst who deciphered German Nazi's Enigma Code during WWII has got the best actors in one place! Alan Turing shall be lived on-screen by the brilliant...
Micromax has launched a brand new 32 inch LED TV in India as an addition to its portfolio which has two more LED TVs to offer. The Micromax 32T42ECHD is...
how can we manage an automobile without clutch
[HASHTAG]#windows[/HASHTAG] I'm Using windows 7 Home Premium 64bit original Operating system, Sony Make. The problem is, In Programs and Features for every program installed in it will have a uninstall...