DisplayPort To HDMI Adapters - Why is the difference in pricing?

I'm searching for Displayport (thunderbolt) to HDMI adapters & cables and surprised to see the difference in the prices of these adapters available on various websites. Some of them are selling them for Rs. 900 - 950 and others are selling them for about Rs. 2000.

I'm curious to know why is the price difference? Are these adapters technically different? If yes, how? Are all of them capable of carrying audio & video?

displayport-hdmi

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    All of 'em mini-HDMI to HDMI adapters are technically same. The one with 900-950 INR would probably be chinese product & other one would be trustworthy chinese product 😉
    Both can deliver audio & video at same rate.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I see. Can someone confirm that the number of pins in the cheaper and dearer cables is the same and it doesn't affect data transfer rate or anything else?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Anyone?
  • Anand Tamariya
    Anand Tamariya
    It's not the number of pins that is different, it's the quality of metal and insulation - both from Electro-magnetic inteference perspective as well as longevity perspective.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Thank you @#-Link-Snipped-#. Do you think it's worth paying for the quality of metal and insulation? The prices are almost double!
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Age of the product is going to be determined by the quality f insulation you are using here.

If you are going to remove the cable frequently and use then go for a branded one otherwise it is not worthy as the quality will be the same in both the products

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

iBall Andi 4.5z is the latest addition in the Indian budget smartphone market and in the iBall Andi series of mobile devices. Featuring the 1.3GHz dual-core Cortex A7 processor, the...
A new design build firm called Pedal Power wants you pedal your way at work to bring power to your gadgets - laptops, smartphones or tablets. Using two pedal-powered machines...
U.S. Patent and Trademark Office on Thursday published an Apple patent filing indicating that Apple is developing a technology where-in concerned devices will be able to share wireless networks over...
I live in Pune, on CDAC site I saw there official training centre is in University of Pune and then there are what they call 'Authorized Training Centres'(Sunbeam, infoway, Knowledge...
Please! Can anybody help me out with my blackberry 9700(bold 2). D problem is dat, its alway boot n I don't knw y. Please help me out... Thanks.