Discussion Thread - December 01, 2011 Won't Be December 01, 2011 Anymore!

#-Link-Snipped-#

I hope by now everyone has read about the announcement above.
This is the official discussion thread about December 01, what do you expect to change & how excited you are about it.

Do let us know your reactions.

Replies

• Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Seems Everything is new πŸ˜€

Let me go through once again to post my view 😁

[Just to check Edit option] πŸ˜›
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    getting used to it... πŸ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Sada
    Seems Everything is new πŸ˜€

Let me go through once again to post my view 😁

[Just to check Edit option] πŸ˜›
    CIVILPRINCESS
    getting used to it... πŸ˜€
    If you have questions, there's a question answer thread: #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    We want CE conference to SHOUT 😁
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Sada
    We want CE conference to SHOUT 😁
    It's been disabled at the moment to find out how server responds to the new system. By the way, we've a cool shoutbox under testing πŸ˜‰
  • eternalthinker
    eternalthinker
    Oh the new smileys, I almost forgot them!
    😲 😁
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Have a look at this Big Sir:-

Alignment problem.
    [​IMG]
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    godfather
    Have a look at this Big Sir:-

Alignment problem.
    Try Zooming Out!
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    AbraKaDabra
    Try Zooming Out!
    By default it should be displayed OK i think so. πŸ˜€ its working fine for Xenforo forum.
  • Gurjeet Singh
    Gurjeet Singh
    hello all ..ya look and feel seems awesome πŸ˜€ will do some testing then post some issues πŸ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Okay, working on it.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Everything is good but the design of site is not so cool for smaller screens.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    It's breaking because of the advertisement! Darn πŸ˜”
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    The_Big_K
    It's breaking because of the advertisement! Darn πŸ˜”
    We can set another location for advertisement. or we can't? πŸ˜’
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    What is that Points thing? How can you offer them?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Sada
    What is that Points thing? How can you offer them?
    Points are currently being offered on the basis of posts. We'll revise it and make it based on likes, post/likes ratio and so on. Details will be posted soon.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Hmm. Checked whole site and the design is 'clean' and I must say I am loving it. πŸ˜€
    Zoomed out but Big K Can you make the font appear larger? It is hard to read. This is my truthful observation.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    The issue is now resolved. I hope the overlapping problem doesn't occur now. πŸ‘
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    AbraKaDabra
    The issue is now resolved. I hope the overlapping problem doesn't occur now. πŸ‘
    Yeah it is good now πŸ˜€.
    May be it is only due to that advertisement!
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    AbraKaDabra
    Its Look Fine Now.πŸ‘
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I guess you guys have noticed by now that all our "likes-received" & "likes-given" have vanished.
    We all start gaining them from ground zero!
  • eternalthinker
    eternalthinker
    Issue
    Hmm. Checked whole site and the design is 'clean' and I must say I am loving it. πŸ˜€
    Zoomed out but Big K Can you make the font appear larger? It is hard to read. This is my truthful observation.
    May be we should have the A- A A+ buttons for font control?

BTW font is quite okay on my side.
  • eternalthinker
    eternalthinker
    AbraKaDabra
    I guess you guys have noticed by now that all our "likes-received" & "likes-given" have vanished.
    Oops! The Likes were not stored in a database?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    @
    eternalthinker

Still trying to reproduce the broken link error. Which browser are you using? Could you try it with Chrome or FF? It seems to work fine on all the machines here.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    AbraKaDabra
    Yeah ! And that's Good ! Ceans have to work hard to get them again. 😁
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    eternalthinker

I have two computers, one is Dell screen is small and other is ACER. Everything is good in ACER because of its wide screen. Let us wait for some time. We will require time to get accustomed to.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    eternalthinker
    Oops! The Likes were not stored in a database?
    We tried our best; but the new system would confuse a lot. Plus the importers didn't support likes; and we couldn't wait any longer. Everyone's at ground zero now πŸ˜€
  • eternalthinker
    eternalthinker
    The_Big_K
    @
    Still trying to reproduce the broken link error. Which browser are you using? Could you try it with Chrome or FF? It seems to work fine on all the machines here.
    I'm on FF7 in Ubuntu. Will try with other browsers/machines later on.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Issue
    I have two computers, one is Dell screen is small and other is ACER. Everything is good in ACER because of its wide screen. Let us wait for some time. We will require time to get accustomed to.
    Check again. I'll look at the fonts once again. But we'll always have complaints about the font size. The best option is to use browser zoom πŸ˜€
  • eternalthinker
    eternalthinker
    If the 'Alerts' could be made static on top of the site, CE will surely have a facebook-like addictive effect πŸ˜‰
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    The_Big_K
    Check again. I'll look at the fonts once again. But we'll always have complaints about the font size. The best option is to use browser zoom πŸ˜€
    Well yes Big K. Will get accustomed to it and report any problems after sometime. Between how to send a PM? πŸ˜”
    You see part of forum is missing in Chit chat! I hope you are understanding.
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Nice to see the managing option for Alerts πŸ˜‰
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Issue
    Well yes Big K. Will get accustomed to it and report any problems after sometime. Between how to send a PM? πŸ˜”
    You see part of forum is missing in Chit chat! I hope you are understanding.
    PMs have been replaced by 'Conversations'. Just go to inbox and start a conversation.

eternalthinker
    If the 'Alerts' could be made static on top of the site, CE will surely have a facebook-like addictive effect πŸ˜‰
    How long would you like the alerts to stay? πŸ˜€
  • eternalthinker
    eternalthinker
    I mean, the Alert link itself on the menu bar, perhaps along with other selected items.
    So we don't have to stay alert to 'catch' the Alert notifications when they come, but can always reach them with zero scrolling up πŸ˜‰
  • eternalthinker
    eternalthinker
    Ah, no restrictions on signature 😏

Let there be images and colors πŸ˜€
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    And is there any chance for animated Avatar?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    godfather
    And is there any chance for animated Avatar?
    I guess we don't have that facility right now.

By the way, everyone is free to write tutorials for the new features you discover on CrazyEngineers. Let's make the world an easier place to live in. πŸ˜›
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    AbraKaDabra
    I guess we don't have that facility right now.

By the way, everyone is free to write tutorials for the new features you discover on CrazyEngineers. Let's make the world an easier place to live in. πŸ˜›
    Sure i will write start writing tutorial lets divide the work.πŸ˜€
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Yeah sure! I have started many threads in Introductions section -
    #-Link-Snipped-#

Moi is exploring the features too. πŸ˜‰
  • Gurjeet Singh
    Gurjeet Singh
    Hi how we delete the PM and still there is limit for 50 messages in inbox including sent and recieved?
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    cooldudeiet
    Hi how we delete the PM and still there is limit for 50 messages in inbox including sent and recieved?
    I think now no Limit for PM. Let's Confirm from Biggie.
  • Gurjeet Singh
    Gurjeet Singh
    i am wondering the date is showing the welcome thread which biggie started showing date oct 2000 , as we know it started in nov 2005 πŸ˜›

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    Just got in....its really great. Everything seems so changed....πŸ˜€
    Oh, there is a delete button too, i like that....πŸ˜‰
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    And what i like most is its working superb in mobile opera mini.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    godfather
    And what i like most is its working superb in mobile opera mini.
    Yep. HTML5 awesomeness. The site is light and quite fast on my Samsung Wave S8500. I checked with both Edge & 3G Connections. Looks super. No need for an extra app πŸ˜€
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    The_Big_K
    Yep. HTML5 awesomeness. The site is light and quite fast on my Samsung Wave S8500. I checked with both Edge & 3G Connections. Looks super. No need for an extra app πŸ˜€
    still there are some issues in alignment but its no more problem for me as its better than Vbulletine on mobile.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Redeemed every promise.
    Exceeded every expectation.

Kongrats to Team K
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    godfather
    still there are some issues in alignment but its no more problem for me as its better than Vbulletine on mobile.
    Could you point out the exact problems? Are they on desktop or mobile? Screenshots would help πŸ˜€
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    bioramani
    Redeemed every promise.
    Exceeded every expectation.

Kongrats to Team K
    Thanks a ton! πŸ˜€ We feel great to know that everyone is appreciating.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    cooldudeiet
    There's no limit. We're just limiting the number of people who can join a conversation πŸ˜€ Helps us keep background spamming in check.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    umm.,, layout ok.. but I still need to understand how the whole set up works 😁 nevertheless 😁 is back.
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    We've got facebook integration too? πŸ˜’ cool! πŸ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    durga
    umm.,, layout ok.. but I still need to understand how the whole set up works 😁 nevertheless 😁 is back.
    We'll have special training sessions for the mods. πŸ‘
    CIVILPRINCESS
    We've got facebook integration too? πŸ˜’ cool! πŸ˜€
    Yep. Try logging in with Facebook πŸ˜€
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    The_Big_K
    Could you point out the exact problems? Are they on desktop or mobile? Screenshots would help πŸ˜€
    online from my mobile Nokia 6303 and Opera Mini browser. I think i've to search for some application which takes snapshot. I can say that popup window and some side bar is overlapping each other.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    durga
    You are among the staff. The mod work is quite simplified & fun. Do let me know if you face problems with it. πŸ‘
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    AbraKaDabra
    You are among the staff. The mod work is quite simplified & fun. Do let me know if you face problems with it. πŸ‘
    I have resolved one report and its quite easy to moderate. πŸ‘ for this New Platform.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    On my request, Big K has increased the size of the font in posts. I think it has made the posts more readable. 😎

We need your feedback. Does it look fine?
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    @The_Big_K: How is it that we can delete some of our posts while other's can only be edited? Is there any logic here?
    Btw edit feature is really good.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Issue
    @The_Big_K: How is it that we can delete some of our posts while other's can only be edited? Is there any logic here?
    Btw edit feature is really good.
    You've special permissions in the authors area. πŸ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    AbraKaDabra
    On my request, Big K has increased the size of the font in posts. I think it has made the posts more readable. 😎

We need your feedback. Does it look fine?
    If you notice, the smiley appears a little depressed in the text line.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    The_Big_K
    You've special permissions in the authors area. πŸ˜€
    Haha that makes me a part-time moderator πŸ˜› The new look of forum is really awesome πŸ‘
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Author's Area is not visible for Moderator?
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    I love the Alerts πŸ˜€
  • Rupam Das
    Rupam Das
    Finally I am logged in. It took me 7 days. Thanks AKD.
    My opinion about new change:

1) Interface: Cool
    2) Font: Perfect
    3) Speed: Cool
    4) Likes: Old is Gone.................. πŸ˜”
    5) The Conference would have been better for direct communication. (I cant find it).
    On an All Changes are cool.................

One more thing, It seems I have inspired few to use their real faces and avatar and The Image of Dear K is just in AKD's Language awesome..
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The conference *may* come back over the next few days.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Because of this new platform i'm able to visit CE on my mobile and even i can do moderation via mobile so now i think i've to keep my GPRS pack updated every month. πŸ˜‰
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    godfather
    Because of this new platform i'm able to visit CE on my mobile and even i can do moderation via mobile so now i think i've to keep my GPRS pack updated every month. πŸ˜‰
    Yep, that's the beauty of the new design. We don't need an app to access the site anymore.
  • CE Designer
    CE Designer
    If you do develop a shoutbox there is a chance the Forums will suffer. Everyone will want to post in the Shoutbox. Just saying.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    CE Designer
    If you do develop a shoutbox there is a chance the Forums will suffer. Everyone will want to post in the Shoutbox. Just saying.
    Yep, that's what I said in the question/answer thread. Forums will suffer a lot because everyone will spend time in shoutbox and we'll never have powerful discussions.

However, we can think of a solution that will help people communicate real-time; how, is a question. That said, it's not in our priority list.
  • CE Designer
    CE Designer
    I agree keep it low priority

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I have been selected for IAF technical branch as a Flying Officer.I am not very patriotic or that kinda person.I just gave the exam simply.I am a computer science engineer...
Get the taste of the French culture at Supinfomania 2011’s French Evening. Enjoy performances from French Street Dancers and more! Venue: Activity Area DSK Supinfocom Manjri, Near Loni Toll Plaza...
Quote: Punkin Chunkin is the premier event for finding out who can throw and shoot a pumpkin the farthest – and the huge cannons powered by compressed air and built...
We have a 150MW steam turbine with specific steam consumption of 3.16 T/KWH.However actual steam consumption when measured is 3.4T/KWH. Steam pressure & temp is 140kg/cm2 540deg celsius respectively. What...
When turbine is operated at constant inlet steam pressure or variable pressure mode,steam consumption drops or increases. What is the reason & why?πŸ˜•