Digital System Design Problem

Can anyone help me out with this question:-

Design a circuit that takes a serial data stream from data in input.The output of the circuit is high if data in on previous four clocks has even number of ones??

Replies

• cranky
    cranky
    I am not too sure about this.But here is my take:
    Consider the first input is A,followed by B,C and D.When (A ^ B ^ C^ D)'output is sent through "NOT" gate,the output would be the same as the question. It also states that the output is turned at every fourth clock cycle.So,we could use four registers( or a counter ) to send this signal.
    Someone please clarify 😀
  • Adivy
    Adivy
    Could you please explain in detail about considering ABCD as inputs?I dont get it?
    Following is what I understood from the question:-
    firstly since it is talking about serial data in so i think we need to use registers as you said.Secondly as it deals with previous clocks we need to design a sequential circuit.
    As a whole, the output on nth clock is high if the data-in on clocks (n-1),(n-2),(n-3)&(n-4) has even number of ones.
  • Adivy
    Adivy
    Someone please help??
  • MjWasHere
    MjWasHere
    @Adivy : Did you get any answer to this question yet ? Mind sharing ?
  • Adivy
    Adivy
    I didnt get any answer.
    CEans please help us out with this problem.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Jst help me in suggestion a good electronics project.
CAN anyone please tell me a good project on rail carriage and wagon . please its urgent😭
1. The Countess dressed with a (an) ____ elegance which seemed to proclaim to the world just how distinguished she was. A. studied 
B. pronounced 
C. ingenuous 
D. understated 
E....
1]What is the use of heuristic functions? 2]Define artificial intelligence. 3)How to improve the effectiveness of a search based problem solving technique? 4]What is a constraint satisfaction problem? 5]What is...