Difference between thick and think cylinder?

what is difference between thick and thin cylinder?

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Thick and thin:
    [​IMG]
  • jaspal rautela
    jaspal rautela
    i am asking about cylinder................
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    The question must have enough info for a meaningful answer. Otherwise the only difference is that one is thick and the other thin. Are they hollow cylinders? Do they contain pressure? What is the intended purpose?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    jaspal rautela
    The question needs to be more informative. Else, the answer would be same as post #2 above. Are you, in any way, asking about Comparison of stress systems between thin and thick cylinder? 😨

PS: We're no mind readers, so you will have to explain your question in detail.
  • mechky
    mechky
    jaspal rautela
    If the wall thickness of the cylinder is less than 1/10 of the diameter of the cylinder, then it is called a thin cylinder. If the wall thickness of the cylinder is greater than 1/10 of the diameter of the cylinder, then it is called a thick cylinder.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Here is a list of seminar ideas for Civil engineering students. Students belonging to third year or final year can use these seminar topics. This list has been complied after...
Here is a list of project ideas for projects of Civil Engineering. Students belonging to third year or final year can use these projects as mini-projects as well as mega-projects....
Here is a list of project ideas related to Data Mining. Students belonging to third year or final year can use these projects as mini-projects as well as mega-projects. This...
I have problem with my youtube downloader,some videos are downloading while the others not.If anyone knows reply to this thread.
freinds i'm in 4th year, B.Tech(Electronics engg.). I need help regarding final project.. please post some ideas and useful material for it.... thanxx.