Difference between pump and compressor

when you inflate a car tyre machine is called compressor, but when u do same for bicycle tyre it is called pump. Why? What is the difference?

Replies

• PRADIP CHAKRABORTY
    PRADIP CHAKRABORTY
    N.SACHIN
    when you inflate a car tyre machine is called compressor, but when u do same for bicycle tyre it is called pump. Why? What is the difference?
    Pumps
    • A Centrifugal Pumps is a machine for raising a liquid - a relatively incompressible fluid - to a higher level of pressure or head.
    Compressors
  • msec123
    msec123
    A pump is meant for taking gas/liquid from one place and delivering it to outlet with higher pressure and force. It does not have any storage capacity as such.
    A compressor is used to compress gas / liquid so that it occupies more mass in same volume as compared to its original state. Compressors generally changes the physical state of the substance which is being compressed. It has the storage capacity.
  • msajce
    msajce
    A pump is a device used for pumping or moving a volume of fluid from its inlet port to its outlet port. Examples are Cycle pump, Foot pump, hand pump etc.
    A compressor as its name implies, is a device which is used to compress a fluid. For this the device draws in the fluid through its inlet port and pushes it into an integrated reservoir having a controlled outflow mechanism. In other words, a compressor is something more than a pump as it invariably has an integrated reservoir with a regulating mechanism for providing fluid outflow at the required pressure level. Examples are Air compressors used in Car Wash shops, Spray Painting shops, Tyre Shops etc.
  • NAVATHE SACHIN
    NAVATHE SACHIN
    Thanks to all my friends but I didn't get exact answer to my question

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hllo everyone.. I am new here... Can u please tell me can I get a job with bad academic.. My percentage are around 55 but my communication and social activities...
please tell me the reasons why java does not support multiple inheritance?
Hello everyone, I want to learn Hadoop Technology. Can any one Suggest the best portal for this. Thanks in advance
Currently I am in 4th year. I have to make project based on android application. Can anyone suggest me for a new unique android application? Thank you
Hey guys! I will be going in my final year engineering in EXTC stream(Elec and Telecomm). For the final year, my group is supposed to do a project. I'm thinking...