Difference between Engineering Services Exam and IES/ISS Exam?

Yes I'm applying for IES 2015. I am a mechanical engineering graduate and 2014 passout. I got confused when seeing UPSC exam schedule. There is ISS/IES exam and it's notification will be on 7th Feb and Engineering Services exam's notification on 14th March. What is the difference between ISS/IES exam and Engineering Serivices exam.

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Hi #-Link-Snipped-# Welcome to CrazyEngineers.

Your question is justified as many engineering students get confused with the names of these exams.
    Rest assured that IES (Indian Engineering Services) Exam and Engineering Service Examination are both the same. Both are conducted by the UPSC, every year for the recruitment to the four categories of engineering services - Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Electronics & telecommunication Engineering.

Some people get confused with two different IES exams.
    One IES is Indian Engineering Service Exam. (For Engineering Graduates)

Another IES is Indian Economical/Statistical Service Exam (For Master Degree Holders in Economics)
    Indian Statistical Service (ISS)
    Indian Economic Service (IES)

Do keep that information in mind and choose wisely in the form.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Q. Can I attempt both IAS and IES exams in the same year?

Yes. You can apply both exam in same year there is no restriction for attempts these exam in same year because both exams are different.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Project Abstract / Summary : The purpose of this section is to provide the reader with general, background information about the software “Online Result automation system”. The Main objective of...
Launched with an aim to boost Moon exploration, the Google Lunar XPRIZE is designed to inspire enthusiast pioneers to help develop robotic space transport on a budget. With the deadline...
hello everyone, i just want to know that will cdac is heplful or not as i am engineer in IT and passout of 2013 will help me in placement also...
Lava Mobiles has a decent portfolio of smartphones that it regularly updates to cater the needs of users in every price domain. The latest addition to the series is with...
Why less power is transmitted to rear wheel than the front wheel??