Difference b/w small signal and large signal equivalent operation(transistor)

Please take a look at my confusion-
- Small signal equivalent ckts and Large signal equivalent ckts = transistor eq ckts operating at ac signals of low amplitude and at high frequencies, can be represented by various model( pi, hybrid etc)
- So my doubt is, are they differentiated on the basis of frequency of operation?
- If yes, then what is the frequency range?

Replies

• Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Small signal analysis not only limited to low power but also the Frequency of operation below the Lower cut off frequency

Large signal analysis is for studying operation above the upper cut off frequency
  • mifo
    mifo
    Small signal analysis not only limited to low power but also the Frequency of operation below the Lower cut off frequency Large signal analysis is for studying operation above the upper cut off frequency
    Thanks for your reply "Conquerer", but still
    -Are you implying that small signal analysis is meant for dc frequencies?
    -And aren't the cutoff frequencies dependent on circuit elements?
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Yeah true Small signal analysis is not on DC frequencies alone It extends to nearly audio range

Yeah the cut off frequencies are determined by the Capacitors and inductors in the circuit
  • mifo
    mifo

Yeah true Small signal analysis is not on DC frequencies alone It extends to nearly audio range

Yeah the cut off frequencies are determined by the Capacitors and inductors in the circuit​

Some of my doubt still remains, I guess I've got to solve questions

Well anyway, thanks for your reply
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Post your question friend lets see what we can do

Every transistor has its own operating frequency range

Refer the data sheet that will be effectively explain your frequency range issues

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi, Which is the best website or site to visit to find a job? I am tired to apply without receive any call or email back. I have 3 years...
Operation IceBridge is on the brink of completion and the successful mission will see a considerable addition to the dataset that started with NASA's ICESat in 2003. IceBridge has collected...
If you think Google Glass is the next big thing, it probably is. Check out the official 'how to' video released by Google that educates you how to use Google...
504 billion events per second - that's the record breaking computing speed achieved by the 'Sequoia Blue Gene/Q supercomputer' at the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL). A team of computer...
We're planning to re-launch CE Bulletin - our e-Newsletter service and thought of looking for design talent within our community. If you are exceptional at CSS / HTML & can...