Difference | 2-Stroke Engine, 4-Stroke Engine

Listed below is the difference between 2-Stroke and 4-stroke engines:

In case of two stroke engine, rotation of crank shaft will be power stroke for every one rotation. During compression stroke, fuel will flow towards the crank case(suction) and during power stroke, exhaust will emit the burnt fuel through the transfer ports.

While in case of four stroke engine, rotation of crank shaft will be power stroke for every two rotation. Moreover, suction compression power and exhaust strokes are separate as there will be inlet and exhaust valves.

1013481_648922348469666_1766779476_n (1)
Image via: 4Stroke Machines

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Great thread, #-Link-Snipped-#! I remember an old discussion on CE about 6-stroke engines: Six stroke engine . Does it matter here?
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    In four stroke-there was individual stroke for both suction and exhaust.But in case of two stroke engine there were only two strokes namely compression and power(no suction and exhaust) stroke.Two stroke engines drawback is of lower efficiency,scavenging loss etc.Four stroke has a better efficiency and no scavenging loss.Two stroke engines produce more pollution compared to four stroke engines.In two stroke engines , a seperate transfer case is present.Ports are present only in two strokes.
  • Farhan afaaq
    Farhan afaaq
    Awesome answer.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I'm wondering how much does personal branding matter on the Internet these days? I'm sure you must have searched your own name in Google and eventually found that the only...
The question is simple - we have seen single stroke (?), 2-stroke, 4-stroke, 6-stroke engines and my curious mind is enquiring what is the maximum number of stroke any engine...
I just read the news that Reliance Infocom has slashed 3G data tariff by about 50%, and their latest offering is 1GB data download for only Rs. 123. Makes me...
You can nominate your college to be a regional center for The AerotriX All India Ornithopter Challenge - in association with Ornithopter Zone (USA), NSSC (IIT Kharagpur) and TechNITi'13 (NIT...
The more I read about the Curiosity rover that's currently supposedly roaming on Mars - the more skeptical I get about the whole rover on the distant planet thing. I...