DGCA Bans Samsung Galaxy Note 7 On Flights

The Directorate General of Civil Aviation has banned Samsung Galaxy Note 7 on flights. The Ministry of Civil Aviation has advised passengers to avoid carrying the phone in their check-in baggages as well. This step has been taken after multiple incidents of the Note 7 catching fire were reported from all over the world. Samsung has already acknowledged the issue and has already began offering replacements of the device.

The United States Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) has already issued a directive advising the passengers not to charge or turn on the Note 7 devices on flight or carry them in checked-in baggage. The phone has been prohibited on all the Singapore Airlines, Jetstar Airways, Virgin Australia and Qantas Airlines as well.

Samsung Electronics has found out that the root cause of the issue lies in the faulty batteries. Samsung has acted quickly and is offering a quick replacement of the units in China. GSMArena has informed a way to find out whether your Samsung Galaxy Note 7 is likely to explode.

gsmarena_002

If you bought the phone in China - you're all good. Otherwise, check your Samsung Note 7's box and look for a blue 'S' sign next to the barcode. If you see a 'S' sign, it apparently means 'Safe'. If you do not see the sign, it's time to take it to your retailer and get it replaced or returned.

Source: After US caution, DGCA bans Samsung Galaxy Note 7 on-board aircraft | Technology News,The Indian Express | How to tell if your Galaxy Note7 will explode - GSMArena.com news

Replies

• rithesh salian
    rithesh salian
    Bad luck for Samsung
    Good luck for Apple 7
  • subash muthukumaran
    subash muthukumaran
    Be safe guys
    watch and use it
  • Elon Anderson
    Elon Anderson
    And this is the reason I am an Apple girl for life. I knew there was a reason 😉 I don't understand how this wasn't caught prior to production?
  • subash muthukumaran
    subash muthukumaran
    this is an nice information
  • Elon Anderson
    Elon Anderson
    What a set back for Samsung, I guess they will pay closer attention with their next device release.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

HI this is sai kiran i hav finished my b.tech in the stream of ECE this year with an aggregate of 69%unfortunately i have been not selected in any of...
Is Ruby language pure object oriented? If yes how?
Is is possible to build a very compact accelerometer that can be worn on the body? When I say compact I'm thinking about an inch or less in height and...
Hello there! Could anyone there tell me how to approach the core job after doing btech in civil engineering? Unfortunately i couldnt make it from campus placement. Any suggestions?
Mouse driver loaded or not c code