Devices are inching towards Bionic Humans - Artificial Finger with tactile sense

Artificial devices are now being built with sensors to feed back to the central nervous system.
This artificial finger integrates nanoscale electromechanical systems, sensory motor neuroscience, biotechnology, and robotics to create this tangible innovation.

This is exciting, fascinating and scary(?)

This is the kind of activity the multi disciplinary lot in CE should go for.

Here is a video of R&D from Europe.

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    This is one of the best usage of the field of bio-and-nano-technology. A lot of research is going on in this field and it feels great to read and watch stories about patients replacing their fingers, palms and other body parts, while experiencing less pain and increased mobility.
    👍
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    Recently in Australia, a bionic eye was implanted, she could see a white light, baby-steps but soon humans will be converted into humanoids ;-)
  • Vassilya
    Vassilya
    Brief story:
    I took a life/health insurance class accreditation course to educate myself and we spoke briefly on ways in which life insurance policies were grouped to spread loss and minimize risk to reduce cost to eligible peer groups. An idea occurred to me then, so I raised my hand and asked:
    "Will cyborgs be getting their own peer group? Will health insurance cover mechanical tune-ups on robotic parts?"
    I got a blank look from the teacher, and laughs from the rest of the class.
    I guess they thought I was joking, but we'll see 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello CEans! , In my free time,I am thinking of conducting seminars for schools. I have decided to conduct demo session first and then go for the different phases, if...
sir, actually what is the purpose of this cotter joint?? And where do we use that? Is their any daily appication we are using that??
World's Largest App Fest, as it is being called - Microsoft India is all set to kick off its mega app event on September 21-22, 2012 at the KTPO, Bangalore....
I am a student of Chittagong University of Engineering and Technology which is situated in Bangladesh. I have been looking for a social network for engineers for a long time....
hello, i like to start a project some thing like an experiment or an new gadget i am confused to start from where and what to start but the only...