Development Length(Compression) for Column Reinforcement.

Is it required to provide development length for compression for column bars extending into footing?

Replies

• KSS Manian
    KSS Manian
    P.K.Mallick
    Is it required to provide development length for compression for column bars extending into footing?
    Sir, Happy to see you in CE. i had read many of your posts in SEFI.
    By understanding the physics, there is no need for anchorage the column bars in footing in case of compression. Because the concrete itself take the compression.
    May be it will help at the time of buckling, tensile force etc. other than the compressive force.
    Correct me, if i am wrong?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

DeliverWithMe has come up with a novel concept for shipments. If you're traveling on a flight and don't mind carrying someone's parcel with you - you can receive benefits in...
Hi, Am Always average when it comes to mathematics(72%)...as my physics in board is lot much related to that i got average in that too(70%)...but computer was my main interest...
We all believe that the future lies with the youth of the country. For the youth to channel their ideas, a proper platform is essential. Do you think that opening...
RedTacton is a Human Area Networking technology, which is under development, that uses the surface of the human body as a safe, high speed network transmission path. It is completely...
My company is facing some financial problems so everyone is leaving it. I have to shift now but till now, i didn't get my appraisal. Now after shifting with 1...