Determineing pounds thrust for propellers

If I have a 72 inch propeller I want to use to vertically lift something, how do I determine how many rpms I need to achieve each pound of thrust. Im not sure of the pitch yet. Oh also, How effective will going from say a 2 blade prop to a 3 or 4 blade prop be in achieving more thrust?😕

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Curious George
    If I have a 72 inch propeller I want to use to vertically lift something, how do I determine how many rpms I need to achieve each pound of thrust. Im not sure of the pitch yet. Oh also, How effective will going from say a 2 blade prop to a 3 or 4 blade prop be in achieving more thrust?😕
    An unanswered question here! Aeronautical engineers - you there?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hello friends , i would like to know about the universities offering m.tech biotech around the globe and requirements to join those respective colleges ..if any one knows any info...
CEans, A group of engineering dudes & dudettes from NIT Suratkal have put up this video on YouTube. This video will make you smile, I bet! Check this out -...
Want help on ur project. Just post ur query. I will try my best in solving it.
I have a bigger problem now... , I'll have a jaw crusher and a balls mill for maintenance (they're new equipment) I'm not really a expertise about these ones.. I...
People ,im doing a project in signature recognition.Can anyone out here take some time and help me,plzzzzzzzzzz😀