Desktop application in java for format conversion of all basic type of files.

I am writing a desktop application in java which is for format conversion of all basic type of files. For e.g. word to pdf, pdf to word, png to jpeg, mp3 to wav etc. But there is no framework in java which is capable of doing these tasks. There exists some APIs for doing these tasks but many of them are not free or some are for web based applications. But I need an API which is written purely in java and is available freely and also can be used in desktop applications. I need an API in which i have to create the object of a class provided in API and then call methods of that class. So if you know about any API which is suitable for me, please help me.

Replies

• [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    Umm, if you'll need an API for actual conversion, what exactly you're creating? Just the UI? I think you should study those formats and build your own, perhaps an open source one.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Innumerable physical theories have been modified or changed throughout the course of man's scientific quest. Recently, a group of physicists from the University of Houston has proved that nothing is...
All for a bottle of Bisleri! Video of the week: Festo flying sphere can deliver
How do I stimulate this using Proteus . Can someone help me out
Comets are commonly found celestial objects, made up of water- ice having a distinct gravitationally unbound atmosphere surrounding the core. Though their key constituents are well understood, the exact type...
Hello Everyone. I want to stimulate a high frequency inverter over 220V/50Hz a.c. input and which gives an output of approximate 36V/20MHz. Kindly suggest me the way of doing this?