Designing a screw

How can we design a screw which can be tightened only?
I want to know about the design and model of it.
The screw should not be loosened.

Replies

• Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Another way, design like this.
    oneway
    You can only screw it but when you try to unscrew, screw driver will not able to hold it.
    Security or One-Way Screw Removal Methods
  • Swathy Prabhakaran
    Swathy Prabhakaran
    Anoop Kumar
    oneway
    You can only screw it but when you try to unscrew, screw driver will not able to hold it.
    thanks anoop ji
  • Vipin verma
    Vipin verma
    For normal purpose minus screw and for medium purpose plus screw and for higher purpose depth plus screw is better,
    For tightening triangular, square, Pentagon upper base type, to reduce looseness
  • Vipin verma
    Vipin verma
    Like this types
  • Stephen B Johnson
    Stephen B Johnson
    You should make it left handed too. Then you could sell left handed screwdrivers.

I already have left handed wrenches and a left handed hammer.
  • Swathy Prabhakaran
    Swathy Prabhakaran
    Stephen B Johnson
    You should make it left handed too. Then you could sell left handed screwdrivers.

I already have left handed wrenches and a left handed hammer.
    thanks
  • T.Vikram Singh
    T.Vikram Singh
    Anoop Kumar
    oneway

when it can be tightened it can also be loosened,
    i'm unable to understand how it can only be used for tightening but not loosening..//
    How ?
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    vikram singh t

when it can be tightened it can also be loosened,
    i'm unable to understand how it can only be used for tightening but not loosening..//
    How ?
    Tightening : Rotate right/clockwise - You see upper right edge will hold the screw.
    but, in Loosening : Lower right edge is not there it will not able hold screw and it will just slip.
    Try with common screw and see the effect.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Two IIT Roorkee graduates, Rishabh Gupta and Kushal Bhagat started MyAdvo.in in September 2015. The idea behind the startup was born after Rishabh found that he was not alone in...
While you are mocked in India for not having an HD channel subscription for your HDTV, folks in Japan have headed to a resolution that is 16 times your precious...
Samsung Unpacked 2016 is over and there are no prizes for guessing which smartphone they launched at the simultaneous events that were held across the world. Numerous leaks had informed...
The world of insects not only shocks us with its magnificent body color, freakish structures but also their alluring behavior which is currently regarded as one of the core research...
Hey guys, I have a requirement which involves building something to display e-learning content. I have read through lot of articles and i have decided to build something against using...