Designing a 3D game !!!

Hello there.,

I'm doing my final year project in 3D garphics. Probably I'd try to design a mobile game using J2ME as I dont have enough time & resources for designing a desktop game! Gotto complete it by Feb'09. Can anybody guide me for the same..??

Regards,
Dj Nachi. ๐Ÿ˜›

Replies

• infinus
    infinus
    dude,
    openGL is your solution...
    if your host device is nokia series 60 or series 40..
    then surf forum nokia for free 3d example sample in java.
    it can be used as a engine for developing games...
  • sumitjami
    sumitjami
    Adding to the above advice i would suggest u to go through the book Complete reference to J2ME a Tata Mcgraw Hill book which will help u a lot and also get the latest version of netbeans it will surely help u a lot..................
  • prasath_amd
    prasath_amd
    Congratulations, J2ME is a good choice for a beginner, you don't need to use any other libraries, I'd suggest u the Sun-Supplied J2ME IDE supplied with the J2ME SDK itself!!. I tried it, its very good

check it out:-

#-Link-Snipped-#

I highly recommend u "Killer Game Programming in Java" by Davison

Though it uses J2SE & Java 3D, i think u may find it informative in some ways.

PS:I don't think OpenGL or OpenGL ES is necessary for a Mobile J2ME-based Game.(Correct me if I am Wrong)

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi

hi frenz...๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜
CEans, I just got the news that Indian IT Major, INFOSYS has shown pink slip to 4,500 employees. Can someone confirm the news? I hope its a rumor! {Updated April...
Name: Engineering Trade: Electrical Engg. Location: Varanasi(UP, India) Occupation: Student Hobbies & Interests: Electronics, HDLs I joined CrazyEngineers because: It's really helpful....nd its gr8 to share knowledge while gaining more...
Why Wipro, Infosys and TCS are “The Axis of Evil” for Indian startup space |Technology and Business Startups in India Nice article. A decent read and a very good site...
i want synopsis of the minor project "Automated Guided Vehicle " and plz refer me useful sites for this purpose... ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜