Design Water Propeller

hello guys,
I wanted to design a water propeller of diameter 3.5 to 5". I have to design it since I didn't find a propeller for the above size in the market or online. All the other parameters except diameter are nearly alien to me since I am designing a propeller for the first time. I'm aware of some obvious parameters like blade angle, pitch etc., but I don't know how they will add into in the design.
So could someone please tell me things that I should consider while designing the propeller and which books should I refer for the same.

Replies

• Mohit Kamat
    Mohit Kamat
    #-Link-Snipped-# : I am expecting help from you sir. Please help me out.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    More info is needed. What is the purpose of this propeller? What is the output power?
    Are you looking for something like this?
    Amazon.com
  • Mohit Kamat
    Mohit Kamat
    Sir, I want two of such propellers to propel a human body...i plan on mounting them on a board (smaller version of a surf board)...i am currently struggling with the calculation of the drag produced by the human body...using fluid mechanics laws for the same...
    None of the parameters or specs of the propeller are known to me...i have to start from scratch
    Also sir I had seen the same propeller to which the link u have sent...was pretty confident that I have found my propeller...but then when I read the description in detail I saw that 3.5" was the hub diameter, not the edge to edge diameter of the blades...i hope I have interpretated it right

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

With an aim to make learning fun and interactive, Classmint was founded by Rajan Chandi and Amar Prabhu in the year 2013. Classmint is an interactive study notes service. Rajan...
Webinar on SimCafe Portal to Learn Simulation Learn how students and professors can use SimCafe portal created by Cornell for teaching and learning CFD & FEA simulation: https://view.s4.exacttarget.com/?j=f...7d6101&s=fe2c11737761057b731576&jb=ffce15&ju=
Moments after unveiling iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus, Apple took the covers off its smartwatch at its star studded launch event. The Apple Watch will be available in three...
Just curious.
Quote: Don’t allow your fear of the unknown to stop you from doing what you really want to do in life. Sure you know exactly what you have today, but...