Densities of different materials

as a civil engineer i would like to know the different densities for construction materials

Replies

• prahu mac
    prahu mac
    please provide this in a pdf format!!!!!!
  • prahu mac
    prahu mac
    how to determine proportions for 1:2:4 for w/c ratio of 0.55 and 1:1.5:3 for w/c ration of 0.42???
  • Joseph Christie
    Joseph Christie
    1. Densities of materials can be obtained from a CRC Handbook or any such Directory
    2 If you would tell me exactly what you are looking for, say in the 1:2:4 and what is this c/w ratio stands for, since I am not familiar with, perhaps I can help uou out
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    #-Link-Snipped-#

The section on concrete gives some basic info.

More may be found here:
    civil engineering materials properties - Google Search
  • Joseph Christie
    Joseph Christie
    A.V.Ramani
    #-Link-Snipped-#

The section on concrete gives some basic info.

More may be found here:
    civil engineering materials properties - Google Search
    A.V. Ramani,
    Are you answering Prahumac's queries or are you as "mentor" or arbiter is trying to jump into others' conversation?

If you want to help do it with a KISS ( Keep it Short and Simple) instead of citing 1001 references and beating around the bush. Remember, brevity is the hallmark of a clear mind- in science
  • prahu mac
    prahu mac
    sir here is the thing all i want to know is the answer for my question that i have posted and density values for different construction materials???
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Would this help?
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • prahu mac
    prahu mac
    sir thank you very much for the help!!!!!! that's exactly what i wanted
  • prahu mac
    prahu mac
    i would really appreciate your help if you can whether there are any softwares for preparing estimations where i can directly get the total amount for the particular estimation just provide me the download links for that sir!!!!!
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    It is not clear whether you are asking about Bill Of Materials or financial estimation. Many things an be done on Excel itself.

Civil engineering is not my area. There are some free software available. I am not competent to comment on their suitability or reliability.

Download building construction estimate software
  • prahu mac
    prahu mac
    sir can you please provide the specific gravities of all the construction materials too??
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    prahumac
    sir can you please provide the specific gravities of all the construction materials too??
    For all practical purposes Sp.Gr. value is equal to density.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

A new release of Office 365 was discussed at the SharePoint conference held by Microsoft last week and it christened: Office 365 Personal. Aiming for a Spring release, it is...
Finnish handset maker Nokia has announced that the X+ and XL Android mobile phones will be unveiled in the 2nd Quarter of 2014. It had previously announced it's association with...
A lot of us here are gadget freaks and we wait for some gadget to be launched for months. Some of us stand in queues to get our hands on...
I'm currently an Engineering Instructor at a secondary institution and am trying to research engaging projects that my students can do. However, this public school provides only moderately motivated students...
On the internet, gifs represents the epitome of creativity, in my humble opinion. So people, the masterpieces you see need to be shared, right? 😁