Dell Unveils Supercomputers For Applications In Life Sciences, Manufacturing And Research

In a bid to secure its share in the projected $36bn HPC (High Performance Computing) market, Dell has launched a series of HPC solutions built with cloud technology aimed at specific enterprises. The Dell HPC Systems portfolio is a family of HPC and data analytics solutions built on the latest Intel Xeon processors, supporting Intel Omni-Path Architecture fabric, which includes the Dell HPC Lustre Storage and Dell HPC NFS Storage solutions.

dell-HPC

A slew of announcements from the company included along with new computing solutions, an early access program for those waiting on new servers, as well as new partnerships. The three new systems specific for Life sciences, Manufacturing and Analytics workloads, have been designed to simplify configurations, accelerate deployments and time business results.

Dell HPC System for Life Sciences has been designed to meet the needs of life sciences organizations, enabling bioinformatics and genomics centers to identify treatments in clinically relevant timeframes all the while maintaining compliance and protecting confidential data. System for Manufacturing enables manufacturing and engineering customers to run complex design simulations, including structural analysis and computational fluid dynamics. The system for research ensures research centers to be equipped adequately to develop HPC systems that match the unique needs of a wide variety of workloads, involving complex scientific analysis.

The portfolio is available worldwide and the company in its statement has quoted that it is currently working with the Texas Advanced Computing Center (TACC) at The University of Texas at Austin, US, to deploy an upgrade to its Stampede supercomputing cluster. The company has also set up a customer initial access program for early testing and development of its next to be launched server, the Dell PowerEdge C6320p.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Ever since Microsoft launched its successor for Internet Explorer, it has left no stone unturned to win back users, which seemed to be magnetized by Google Chrome. From speed tests...
hello sir my name is Dinesh i studied b.tech in mechanical i passe out in 2013 after am took coaching for government job but i did not crack the exam.In...
Almost on daily basis, we get queries about people asking for right course to join with an aim to get a job or get promotion etc. I've often wondered if...
This is the deceptively simple, three-step process Google uses to come up with its most innovative ideas. How To Brainstorm Like A Googler
Hello, I am considering going back to school to obtain an Associates Degree in engineering. I hope to get an entry level job as a technician. What level of math...