Definition Of Engineering : Your Thoughts & Opinions

I never thought of knowing how the dictionaries define Engineering. So I searched and found this -

Engineering - definition of engineering by The Free Dictionary

• The application of scientific and mathematical principles to practical ends such as the design, manufacture, and operation of efficient and economical structures, machines, processes, and systems.
  • The profession of or the work performed by an engineer.
Engineering
Engineering is the discipline, skill, and profession of acquiring and applying scientific, economic, social, and practical knowledge, in order to design and build structures, machines, devices, systems, materials and processes.
Your thoughts, please? ☕

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    The French term is: ingenieur - Wiktionaryingenieur - Wiktionary
    Ingenuity
    I like this.
    The American term is: Engineer - more like this:
    [​IMG]

In my opinion it is a seamless blend of both.
  • vikaskumar11233
    vikaskumar11233
    According to me we have to learn here definition of engineering from 3 idiots that like machine is something which reduces the man's effort.In the same way implementing technical skills to make our work easy is called engineering.
  • aravindharaj
    aravindharaj
    Definition of engineering, after your studies itself you can get the solution for this question. If the question would be, definition of engineering colleges or classes means you can get more funny and interesting response here sir. In my point of view engineering is the initial for all fields, while you studying its makes you stronger in theorywise after you can run this world practically.
  • Er Armani Singh Bisht
    Er Armani Singh Bisht
    According to me engineering is defined as new and technical ideas which are bought to a implementation by engineers

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

MOV

is there any vendors in india for b72260b0102k001?? i want 1100v,70kA, 3000J Metal oxide variastor... in india only...
I am finding no constructor while using javap tool for my java class...
BMW's Vision Efficient Dynamics concept is getting closer to reality with the unveiling of third car in the series of i8 series. It houses a hybrid engine with Brake Energy...
Could you please suggest some cities to take GRE test where the paper will be somewhat easy..
someone plz tell me why does d center tapping of transformer gives 180 degree phase shift at 2 sides of secondary?