Decode This! Hint: Opening lines of a famous book

Okay,

The opening lines of a famous book have been decoded here. Use your logic and stay away from the Google. Tell me what's written below -

B dj blrtquctek tm cmjjulbcdte tm abj," rdbk Jq. Fdsseqr, taqmwbls abr nblseq dt je rbkewdyr, "tadt ae wbhh cmje bltm d adlkrmje oqmoeqty. Nuqtaeq, tadt bt br tae kerbqe mn tae oqerelt omrrerrmq mn tadt oqmoeqty, tadt ae ie bjjekbdtehy qejmvek nqmj abr oqerelt roaeqe mn hbne dlk nqmj tabr ohdce, dlk ie iqmusat uo dr d selthejdl - bl d wmqk, dr d ymuls nehhmw mn sqedt exoectdtbmlr

Replies

• zeba
    zeba
    hi!! as they have been 'decoded', it needs no solution i feel😉.
  • gohm
    gohm
    Laugh, how unfair! I've got most of it decoded & still do not recognize the book!! Guess someone needs a literature refresher course, lol.
  • gohm
    gohm
    Big K, if nobody responds in the near future, can I post the decoded text and get 1/2 a point? laugh
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    gohm
    Big K, if nobody responds in the near future, can I post the decoded text and get 1/2 a point? laugh
    Yep! 1/2 a point? I'll give you 3/4 a point! 😲
  • gohm
    gohm
    I am instructed to communicate to him, said mr. (j,k,z)aggers, throwing his finger at me sideways, that he will come into handsome property. Further, that is the desire of the present possesor of that property, that he be immediately removed from his present sphere of life and from this place, and be brought up as a gentleman-in a word, as a young fellow of great expectations.

Ok, I have not used the internet or any other means in researching this book, so I do not have the first letter of the name-though narrowed it down to three choices. I vote for the "j". It did finally dawn on me that the book of course is the last two words, "Great Expectations" by Charles Dickens.

Thanks Big K, this was a lot of fun, how did you make it?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    gohm
    I"Great Expectations" by Charles Dickens.
    Bingo!

:clap:

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I found an interesting site over here. I guess those of us who have all the free time, can crack this puzzle together. There are multiple levels. So let's get...
I failed to find a special forum for ECE members. So,i am starting a one. Lets start the THINGS.
acoustic heat pump I just came across some brief information on an acoustic resonating heat pump that uses no oil/cfc but sound wave pressure differential to operate the heat pump....
I have installed turbo c++ ide software in my system, but is giving error in "iostring " while running programme, can anyone tell me how to get rid of this...
Hi guys i am vipul bhaskarwar working with cybage Software ltd. i want some guys to discuss on white box testing anyone is intrested