Debate: Is cricket overtaking other sports?

I went through a group discussion on MTv.The topic waz nice so I thought of introducing it here.

The topic of the discussion waz "Is cricket overtaking other sports"

So lets see wat do CEans has to say over that???

Replies

• Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    neha
    I went through a group discussion on MTv.The topic waz nice so I thought of introducing it here.

The topic of the discussion waz "Is cricket overtaking other sports"

So lets see wat do CEans has to say over that???
    ONE WORD ANSWER..
    NO...
    we should not generalize the term....for world sports.... can say a bit for INDIA...

more commentry from "THE BIG K"

--Crazy
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    thread moved

My comments for the time being -

-Thread moved to the 'Debate' section 😁

-The Big K-
  • aashima
    aashima
    yea.. it is

well cant really say abt other countries.. but that no doubt is the case in india... every nook and corner of indian streets has a broken window pane... u can notice broken wickets every here and there... kids screaming.."clean bold....."... all are the imprints of cricket... love of perhaps every indian guy...
    and this affects other sports... we can very well realise the intensity of football cup fever thats is the air these days... and if compared to a cricket world cup.. its nothing....
  • Sunil Singh
    Sunil Singh
    In the Indian context, I believe yes cricket is no doubt overtaking other sports. There are dozens of reasons some of those are: Other sports like football , tennis & hockey are not promoted to the extent as cricket is done i.e restricted exposure. When Sachin or Virat hits a ton its in the news the very next minute however if Indian hokey team or football team wins a match with a astounding performance it goes unnoticed.Quality of coaching provided to cricket team is by far better than any other sports in India. Investments made in cricket is more than any other sports. But yes the truth is undeniable that cricket has taken over all other sports in India.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I stopped following cricket about a decade ago. Just makes social conversations difficult; nothing much.
  • Mrinmoy Swarnakar
    Mrinmoy Swarnakar
    The answer to "Is cricket overtaking other sports" is yes for India and no for whole world.
    But now a days people are moving towards other sports. Since cricket is all time favorite other sports are taking time to come up the ranking but reaching the level cricket has achieved is not possible for other sports in near future at-least.
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    Cricket is not overtaking. It is being more lucrative. Period.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Now till now you know the square of the no. having 5 and 0 at their end... Now some other... Square of the no just 2 next to them..(having 0...
what u guys think of ajay devgan
Just introducing myself... Name: Caroline Age: 18 Country: USA Occupation: Student..i'm going into my 2nd year of a 5 year program for Materials Science Engineering Interests: Travelling, the beach, sports...
Just finished reading autobiography of world's favorite entrepreneur - Richard Branson - the creator of 'Virgin' Brand. The book is titled 'Losing My Verginity'. Richard Branson tells us the story...
We all have our E-mail ids...while creating them i.e while filling out the registration form we need to fill a box with exactly the same words and numbers mentioned nearby..as...