Dealivore.com Shut Down. Says Daily Deals Sites Offer Inflated Deals!

The Daily Deal website dealivore.com has shut down its operations after 2 years. The site's founders have left a notice on the front page of the site that is quite interesting and I'm sure it 'says a lot'. See what they say -

Dear Customer,

At the outset we at dealivore wanted to thank you for providing us the opportunity of serving you for the past 2 years. During this period we have tried to provide you the best deals in the city verified to the best of our efforts. Most of our growth has been self funded and through internal accruals over this period helping us reach a substantial user base with a fraction of the spend that frenzied daily deal industry is seeing.

The last one year has however seen significant changes in the marketplace-we were outrun by a vastly funded company that executed well. On the other hand it has also become the norm in the industry to create inflated deals/pricing/discounts often with little regard to the end customer. The one thing we never wanted to do was to have regrets of having run a business that deliberately provided deals that were not fair. We don't want to provide our customers such deals. This has made it hard for a self funded company such as dealivore.com to continue to source true value deals for customers.

We are now shutting down our daily deal operations. Vouchers purchased that are valid and good as of today can be utilized as usual. We have a minimal support available at #-Link-Snipped-# to resolve any issues that you might face.

Dealivore registration or referral credits will be null and void with immediate effect. We thank all our customers for trusting us and providing us the opportunity of serving them. Contact us at #-Link-Snipped-# if you have any queries. Thanks

Regards
Dealivore Team

I've highlighted the interesting part in their message. Do you think there's some truth in what the Dealivore website says? The numer of daily deal websites has been mushrooming all over India ever since the success of GroupOn in the USA.

I've never used any daily deal website yet. Do you have experiences to share with the rest of us?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Okay, guys unless you comment; won't have a discussion 😀 That's the primary purpose of us assembling here.
  • Ambarish Ganesh
    Ambarish Ganesh
    That's as honest as it can get. And the team seems pretty frustrated regarding these 'changes' and 'norms'. We get to see so much of this nowadays. Raise the price of a product by a few %, and then provide discount on the same, bringing the purchasing price close to the actual price of the product. Everyone wants profit.

I can recall of one daily deal site called GoBabu in Canada, and it seems to be running well. I'm unaware of similar Indian ventures though.
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    Well, I have had some good deals on Snapdeal. I don't buy them unless I require the offering and the discount offered is a marked difference.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    kidakaka
    Well, I have had some good deals on Snapdeal. I don't buy them unless I require the offering and the discount offered is a marked difference.
    I've heard about deals on Snapdeal. Never used the site on my own. But I read somewhere that the 'funded' ones are able to inflate all the deals to gain buyer's attention. That makes the game quite difficult for others.
  • Rizwan Shaikh
    Rizwan Shaikh
    They seem to be back into business. Hope to see more offers Dealivore: Coupons, Discount Coupon Codes, Promotional Offers & Deals

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I've figured out that not many people try to do the calculations mentally; no matter how simple they are. For example, if you go to the market and purchase 5...
The Indian Premier League is a professional league for Twenty20 cricket championship in India. It was initiated by the Board of Control for Cricket in India, headquartered in Mumbai.The UK-based...
Been studying computer networking and came across these terms. Whats the difference between switch and hub?
An anti aliasing filter is analog or digital filter?
Has anyone checked this out? Truly amazing. Enter the site Http://showmystreet.com/ and start typing in any address in the world and see the way the programme reacts as the address...