DC Motor for robowars

I am looking for DC Motor i need for my bot
with a weight of around 35 Kg and about 60X60 cms in dimensions .
What amount of torque will be required using a wheel of radii=7cms.
will the car wiper motors be sufficient to drive it.
Since I am still in design phase I am flexible on using any type of motor.

Replies

• Ramesh_Kumar
    Ramesh_Kumar
    Helloo... there are many types of motors you can use. if you go for high torque DC motors, the output is good but costs too high. once upon a time i have done Robowars and i have used Self starter motor of Bajaz Pulsar Bike it comes at low cost at any automobile workshop and you can run with a high power battery. it will give a sufficient torque required for Robowars. But be carefull with wiring and all use high quality wire and for remore controll, i used limit switches becacuse they work with high currents accurately without damaging. Choose a high rating 12V/24v battery of minimum 7ah(current rating) or you may use Car batterys. I am attaching my design but its not my final one, the initial stage of my project. if you need, i can help you more with the design and mechanisms also.Photo-0066 Photo-0067

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Quote: Everyone knows that Tesla Motors Inc. doesn’t do things the same way as other automakers. However, the company’s unique approach to automaking runs far deeper than the Model S’s...
I am final year computer science student. I am interested to do project in Java/.NET alone OR combined with web development. Kindly suggest some new ideas.
Quote: This project began with a free Razor Pocket Mod Scooter found on the side of the road. Although it didn't run, the frame was in good shape. I decided...
Hamza Immurana submitted a new project: Design a simple Inverter to be used by a solar panel - I want help on the components used for the inverter This inverter...
Hamza Immurana submitted a new project: How can a camera transmit the images it has taken - I need a plan on how to go about the transmitting the images...