DC motor control

how to control both the speed and torque of a permanent magnet dc motor?

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    You can control speed. Torque depends on the load. Of course, for a given motor there is a maximum torque, which is related to the flux and the armature current.
    This tutorial may help:
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Rishabh1234
    Rishabh1234
    i am using the motors for automotive application. Then i also have to control torque for maximum efficiency and better acceleration. How can this be done
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Subject to the maximum torque possible for the particular motor control the armature current.
  • Rishabh1234
    Rishabh1234
    thats what some controllers do.They either control speed by controlling voltage or control torque by controlling armature current. But how can i control both at the same time so that power can be maximized
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Are we not missing something here? Each motor has a maximum power output that cannot be exceeded.
  • Rishabh1234
    Rishabh1234
    yeah but what if its operating at a lower power for a given speed
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    If the speed is maintained, the current will match the torque produced.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Dear Students, Greetings from Govt. Model Engineering College, Kochi!! We are delighted to inform you that, the fourth edition of Innovations for a Better Tomorrow or IBeTo 2015, has been...
Hi everyone How to calculate the equivalent diameter of square and triangle? thanks
If you’re one of those iPhone users who travel a lot and usually end up forgetting the places and the time of your visits of the past in planning your...
Hi to all, I am in need of the following code: 1. IRC: 67-1977 2. IRC: 67-2001 thank you for the support. thank you
https://www.popularmechanics.com/sci...s-that-look-like-theyre-from-another-planet/?