Datsun I2 Car's Launch In India To Happen Within 18 Months, Shares Nissan

If you were following the launch of Datsun Go+ MPV in India during the month of January this year, here's some exciting news from the company. The Japanese automobile giant, Nissan has decided to launch its brand new Datsun I2 car in Indian market within next 18 months. Though it is being said that the Datsun I2 will be placed below the Datsun Go car, we recommend reading about the Datsun GO+ pricing and specifications Datsun GO+ MPV Launched - Price In India, Mileage And A Specs Overview. Now, the news about Datsun I2 car's India launch came to light when Nissan India president, Mr. Guillame Sicard #-Link-Snipped-# about it. Touted to be priced below Rs. 3,24,000, making it the cheapest Datsun car in India, the I2 is going to be the most affordable product from the company yet.

For keeping the cost that low, it is being said that, Datsun will be manufacturing the I2 in India (most probably at the Chennai-based manufacturing unit) while using locally made car components. To be based on the new Renault-Nissan Alliance CMF-A platform, the small Datsun I2 car may be inspired from the Datsun Redi-Go concept that we saw at this year's Delhi Auto Expo.

Datsun-I2-car-india-launch
It is going to be a challenge for Nissan's Datsun to maintain good fuel efficiency without compromising on either the car's quality or safety. Since last year, the company has been able to sell more than 62,000 cars in India. Speaking of the company's success, another noteworthy achievement in the completion of a decade of operations for Nissan India. To mark the day, the company celebrated with “The Nissan Carnival”, an experiential event to showcase the well known products and technologies at their Buddh International Circuit office in Greater Noida.

We will be eagerly waiting for the Nissan Datsun's I2 car's technical specifications announcement from the company. The launch might happen sometime during mid 2016. What are your thoughts on a new entry level car from Nissan? Share with us in comments below.

Replies

• Coral Jain
    Coral Jain
    Such high production with low budge may probably cut down percentage of sales for Indian car makers like Maruti Suzuki and Tata Motors. A good move by the Japanese company. If Nissan keeps track with good design, for what it is known for, it can create boom in its sales with such low priced hatchbacks.
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Sorry. Was not pleased with that namesake "7 seater" brought to the table by Datsun aka the Go+. Dont think the I2 can change that. People SHOULD consider safety as first priority and car manufacturers should not skim on safety features for the sake of price. The Go+ has skimmed on everything - interior materials used, leg space snd safety.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Acer recently launched the updated version of its popular Chromebook C910 which packs a better Intel core processor. The previous models of Chromebook are powered by Intel’s i3 and Celeron...
The Pune chapter of 'The Indus Entrepreneurs' has organised TiECON Pune 2015 on April 11th at 'The Westin'. If you are an entrepreneur, startup employee, an aspiring entrepreneur, college student...
If you are one of those people who has to lock and unlock their smartphone tens of times a day and would love to have an automated solution for it,...
I would really like to know, how many people still live with the old habit of manually creating and editing Xorg.conf Most modern distros don't require that to do, but...
What do you do when you have access to all the personal information of hundreds of millions of people on the Internet, and you go by the name of 'Facebook'?...