Datsun GO+ MPV Launched - Price In India, Mileage And A Specs Overview

If you've been waiting for the Datsun Go+ MPV to start rolling on Indian roads, here's a great news from the company. After unveiling the hatchback Datsun GO+ MPV Features Revealed At The Auto Expo 2014 In India, we didn't hear much from the Nissan Motor company brand. But now it's all set into action as the Datsun GO Plus MPV is ready to zoom past you on Indian roads. Available at a price of Rs. 3.79 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi), the 5-door MPV features a 1.2 litre 3-cylinder petrol engine and comes with 5 speed manual transmission. The engine delivers 67 bhp and 10.61 kgm torque and is said to offer a really impressive mileage of 20.62Km/l. Let's take a look at the various technical specs of the new stylish hatchback in town.

With just four metres in length, the Datsun Go+ looks like a stretched version of the previous Datsun Go model. Speaking of dimensions, the hatchback is 1635 mm in width, 1490 mm in height and comes with a wheelbase of 2450 mm. The Datsun Go+ ground clearance is 170mm, but the 13-inch tyres do look a bit undersized. Riders get to use 237 litres of boot space, but there's no provision of airbags and ABS - the safety features that are seen in most of its peers. Launched in four trim levels- D, D1, A, T, the Go Plus car features power windows and power steering only in the top level i.e. T. Those looking for the price options, can check the following numbers -
  1. Datsun Go+ D Variant - Rs 3.79 lakh
  2. Datsun Go+ D1 Variant - Rs 3.82 lakh
  3. Datsun Go+ A Variant - Rs 4.15 lakh
  4. Datsun Go+ T Variant - Rs 4.61 lakh
Datsun-Go+-MPV-Launched-India-Specs-Mileage-price
Whenever we talk of Datsun, the only thing that comes to the mind is how the Japanese company has pitted its first MPV Datsun Go against the very-popular Maruti Alto and the then new Hyundai Eon, but didn't make a lasting impression on the minds of Indian consumers, which was evident in the low sales figures.

This time around the Datsun Go+ is going to compete with the likes of Maruti Ertiga and Honda Mobilio, two vehicles that have really done well so far. We can't ignore the fact that the 1200 cc Dastun Go+ has the lowest price in its segment (a formula that has worked well with Indian customers), but at the same time we can't overlook that the 1400cc Eritga and 1500cc Mobilio have far better distribution networks and service centers. Another issue worth mentioning is that UK's Global NCAP has raised serious questions in the past about the Datsun Go Compact's safety features and had even requested for its withdrawal from the market in a letter to the top official at Renault-Nissan.

With that we come to the end of the features and specs of the all new Datsun Go+ ready to hit Indian roads. You could check out the latest ad by Datsun India for television -

What are your thoughts on the new hatchback? Share with us in comments below.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Rachana S
    Rachana S
    But all Datsun are having safety issue even i10, Alto and swift has safety lapse
  • Karthikeyan jaisankar
    Karthikeyan jaisankar
    Great look!!!Looking Like Innova 😀 worth for money....
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Useless piece Of Car. Might as well go for a normal "car" with some safety, leg space and something on the interiors. It won't come close to Ertiga or Mobilio.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi i am Nikhil. i am a mechanical engineer and working in the field of marine engineering for last 12 yrs. I am in subsea construction field. My hobbies are...
BirlaSoft Off Campus Drive - 2014 Off Campus Drive 2014 Batch Designation: Associate Engineer Salary: Rs 3.4 Lacs per annum (CTC) No Bond Job Location: Hyderabad Branch : B.E. /...
The company 'Atamjeet' specializes in creating paper models of real machines completely using just paper and glue. A dream turned into reality for Atamjeet Singh Bawa, who builds state-of-the-art paper...
A laser device the size of a rice-grain, that uses one-billionth of the electric power a hair dryer needs, has been built by Princeton University researchers in their attempt to...
After hair restoration it is now time for wrinkle removing by phototherapy. Quote: Apira Science, makers of the iGrow, the only FDA approved light-powered hair restoration system, will soon be...