Datafly for Intel App Innovation Contest 2013

I am fortunate and privileged to be part of elite 500 developers across the globe to participate in Intel App Innovation Contest 2013 with three applications. Challenge here for me is to get 3 Apps straight by Nov 13.
One of the App which I am developing is for Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet ( 2GB, 1.8Ghz Atom Processor), Multitouch convertible tablet called Datafly. You can read about the proposal Datafly - CodeProject.

It is customer data validation and I am back with my fav Image Processing. However challenge is more tough here as the device is tiny and least powerful and the App attempts to perform several Biometric algorithms in a single form validation. However things are coming in terms quickly. A week into coding and I am able to get the basic algorithms right.

Significant Algorithms for the App are:
1. Liveness detection
2. Face verification against low resolution face image segmented from document
3. Text extraction from scanned image and validation
4. Validation through Automated SMS
5. Handwriting Recognition
6. Signature Verification.

Just managed to create a quick video on week 1 development.

Hope you enjoy the work.

Replies

• Rupam Das
    Rupam Das
    Datafly is near ready at algorithm level. It will now go for UI refinement and testing phase. Sharing with you the pre-release video.

Datafly is an app which aims to revolutionize the data acquisition and validation. It is built to work on Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet and build to suit limited processing capability of Atom Processor.

An Executive goes to customer, Takes his snap, face is automatically extracted. Customer produces Identity proof. Face image in Identity proof is validated against user photo.

Now executive crops the signature part from the id proof and asks customer to sign on the signature panel. The App uses a great algorithm to verify offline signature with online signature.

Then he produces address proof. Address is validated against GPS and Text Extracted from Document.

Once Both are done, An Email is sent to user mail id and a sms is sent to user mobile number with two different 4 digit codes.

User sees them, tells the executive. Remember, executive have no idea about these numbers. So he enters the codes. If the codes matches, mobile and email are validated.

Finally the App generates a printable Document with all the Data provided and validation status. It will be finally uploaded to skydrive.

All Operations supports mouse, stylus and touch. The Whole App is Voice assisted.

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Great app sir.Will it be able to run on pads and phablets with high processors and high end devices?
    All the best for your competition and congrats for your work.
  • Rupam Das
    Rupam Das
    Thanks @#-Link-Snipped-#. The App is built with cross platform in mind. It's clipped Android version is also successfully tested. We will make it for Galaxy S4 and Nexus. Nokia Lumia 720 and Above should run it.

However at this moment it is custom made to work with Netbooks/ W8 Tablets.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    This app has application in many fields, this really helps a lot.
    since, if I have to take a sim connection, I need to provide address proof , photograph , id proof and many signatures.

If we are embedding everything into one, and giving the instant approval this reduces lot of time for processing anything.

Does this GPS system , verifying the address works and applicable in India?
  • Rupam Das
    Rupam Das
    Does this #-Link-Snipped-# system , verifying the address works and applicable in #-Link-Snipped-#?
    Yes! It works and perfectly works! 😁
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    @#-Link-Snipped-# An Opensource application ?
  • Rupam Das
    Rupam Das
    No. This is an Enterprise application. It is client specific and is not Ope Source

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Yahoo began its life on the Internet by bing the world's largest directory of Internet websites and then allowing people to search the stuff. But as Internet grew bigger, Yahoo...
The Chromebook Pixel offered the best hardware to run the Chrome OS but its $1500 price made it a bitter pill to swallow for most Chrome OS fans. To make...
A common application for an HRSG is in a combined-cycle power station, where hot exhaust from a gas turbine is fed to an HRSG to generate steam which in turn...
The ability of a reciprocating internal combustion engine to empty and fill its cylinder efficiency is fundamental to its successful operation. The intake and the exhaust operation of the engine...
For avoiding rash driving of the drivers we have to provide safety systems with in the vehicles mainly for 4-wheelers. We can make this by using sensors and electronic circuits,...