Cyber security jobs in India are making a comeback!

Expect rise in the cyber security jobs in India in coming days. Big IT companies in India - viz. TCS, Infosys, Wipro, Cognizant and others may soon begin looking for cyber security experts & ethical hackers. TCS's ex-CEO, Mr. S Ramadorai, who currently heads NSDA aka National Skills Development Agency has said that the demand for security experts is expected to growing coming days. He believes hiring and training young professionals to work in the domain is the need of the time.

The number of cyber attacks has gone up significantly in the recent times - hackers from China & the United States have become more sophisticated in the quality of their attacks. It's been found that an average cyber hacker remains undetected for about 400+ days. Big Internet companies like Google, Twitter, Facebook, Yahoo and others have already began offering huge prizes for reporting security bugs in their systems.

The bigger question is - preparedness of the people who want to make a career in cyber security. Be aware that you'll need a special training - going much beyond the so called 'ethical hacking' courses which have mushroomed in every corner. The salaries in the domain will always be higher than the regular IT jobs - provided the candidates know the job.

If you are an aspiring ethical hacker or want to make a career in the cyber security domain; I'd strongly advise you to keep updating your knowledge and start reading as much as you can about computer security.

Replies

• Rahul Jamgade
    Rahul Jamgade
    As per Union ministry of information technology, we require 5 lakh Cyber Security professionals by 2015.
  • Bhargavi A Kulkarni
    Bhargavi A Kulkarni
    Rahuljam
    As per Union ministry of information technology, we require 5 lakh Cyber Security professionals by 2015.
    Oh thats a great news for aspiring candidates. I'm currently pursuing a course in Ethical Hacking, are there any other measures to be taken for a successful career in Cyber Security?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

LG G2 has a guest mode - which when enabled lets you define what apps and sections of the phone will be accessible to the user. I think this is...
There is an English saying:'I would give my eyeteeth...' This seems to be becoming literally true with a tooth based implant that restores sight. https://www.qmed.com/news/blind-regain-sight-tooth-based-eye-implant?cid=nl.qmed01
Apple's expected to launch a cheaper iMac next year. Ming-Chi Kuo of KGI securities has revealed Apple's 2014 product roadmap. Kuo has been very accurate about announcing Apple's product launches...
Lava is on fire this year. The company is on a spree for its product launches. This time it's a tablet called LAVA E-Tab Ivory. Priced at Rs. 10,199, the...
No matter how our current technologies are advanced, there is still room for improvement and new hardware opens up new possibility of features in current gadgets. I suppose most of...