CWG Glasgow 2014 : India bagged Gold medal on 1st day

On first day of CWG 2014, Indian weightlifters Khumukcham Sanjita Chanu lifted a total of 173 kg to get gold while Mirabai Chanu lifted 170 kg to win silver in the women's 48 kg weightlifting category at the Commonwealth Games beating Australia & England weightlifters.

Replies

• Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Good to see medals coming to India pocket. 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I can relate to this totally. May his tribe increase. That is what passion is about. Quote: When an Apple programmer’s project got canceled, he didn’t despair. He just kept...
Quote Women make 80% of healthcare decisions in the United States, but the percentage of females leading healthcare companies is still tiny. A 2012 U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics report,...
Quote: A French start-up is developing vision-restoration systems that stimulate the retina to obtain bionic vision. These innovations are the fruit of collaborative work by several leading-edge research teams in...
Another year and another challenge. I am happy to share with you that I along with my wife Moumita Das have reached the phase 2 of IEC 2014 We are...
A new malware that goes by the name 'Bladabindi' has been found to have hit hundreds of computers in India and the Government of India's CERT-In or Computer Emergency Response...